GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Roy Carroll, Rising Star!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 13:17
Regular
Fabiem Barthez. A World Class French international who has helped his country to triumph on the international stage on no less-than 2 occasions during the last 4 years. France may have gone out in the Group Stages to stun the world, but they are still a threat to all other nations, and Barthez is still a World Class player.
In his first season at Old Trafford he helped United to help themselves to the Premiership, once again, as the new Schmeichel. He may have also had more than his fair-share of 'off days' compared to the average Goalkeeper but he certainly hasn't lost his touch for keeping the ball out of the back of the net.

The 'Fab Man' is currently out injured for a few more weeks or so with a hip injury that disables his from being able to dive and save the ball well and easily. Who knows, it could even be another month or two before the so-called 'Calamity Barthez' returns in the no.1 jersey between the sticks.
After the summer sale of aeging Dutchman Raimond van der Gouw to West Ham, with Nick Culkin and Paul Rachubka also gone before they could say "Hello" to the Premiership, United are left with only 1 keeper keeper with any real experience in Roy Carroll. And if he's not playing, then it's time for the young teenage prodigy Ben Williams to dive into the deep end with Henry ready to pounce!

There has been talk of United loaning-in a new keeper as a temporary back-up for Barthez, but with Carroll fit and raring to go, I honestly don't see why we should've been battling with Arsenal for the signature of Uruguay's Carini, or even someone like Rustu, Turkey's World Cup star.
We're fine as we are, with or without Barthez. We have Carroll!

After signing from Second Division Wigan for a mere £2m (raising to around £2.5m) it seems that this has to be one of the greatest Bargain Signings United have made in their entire history spanning near-to around 120 years.
This Summer Signing of 2001 must go right up-there with the likes of Cantona when he joined from Leeds for just over a million, Schmeichel's £hundred-thousand move from Denmark, and even Van Nistelrooy's £19.5m that finally took-place at the same time.

He may not have helped us achieve silverware in any shape or form as of yet, and his first season at Old Trafford may have turned-out to be something of a 'disaster' rather than the 'life at the top' he was expecting. But give it time, and we will win something. And then the rest will follow, so much silver that the visting will get blinded!

Barthez may still remain no.1 between the sticks, despite some regular critisism, but Fergie and all United fans world-wide should now feel that extra bit secure when the Fab Man is back on the Treatment Table again, as Northern Ireland international Roy Carroll has really begun to show us all that he can mix-'n'-match against the big boys, and that he may also be the one to take-over in goal when the Barthez finally hangs-up his gloves!

Fergie must have known there was something special about this lad when he first saw him play at the JJB Stadium when he first he broke into the Wigan first team. The temptation of playing at the Theatre of Dreams for United, in the Premiership and Champions' League alone was too-strong a temptation for Carroll who ignored the rest, and chose the best. And he's certainly proven in such a short space of time that he can BE the best, and stop the rest.

Ok that's enough rhyming from me... he wouldn't be Northern Ireland's first-choice keeper for nothing!

But how secure can Barthez place really be with a youngster like this??
He's still got so many years ahead of him to develop too....
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Fabiem Barthez. A World Class French international who has helped his country to triumph on the international stage on no less-than 2 occasions during the last 4 years. France may have gone out in the Group Stages to stun the world, but they are still a threat to all other nations, and Barthez is still a World Class player.
In his first season at Old Trafford he helped United to help themselves to the Premiership, once again, as the new Schmeichel. He may have also had more than his fair-share of 'off days' compared to the average Goalkeeper but he certainly hasn't lost his touch for keeping the ball out of the back of the net.

The 'Fab Man' is currently out injured for a few more weeks or so with a hip injury that disables his from being able to dive and save the ball well and easily. Who knows, it could even be another month or two before the so-called 'Calamity Barthez' returns in the no.1 jersey between the sticks.
After the summer sale of aeging Dutchman Raimond van der Gouw to West Ham, with Nick Culkin and Paul Rachubka also gone before they could say "Hello" to the Premiership, United are left with only 1 keeper keeper with any real experience in Roy Carroll. And if he's not playing, then it's time for the young teenage prodigy Ben Williams to dive into the deep end with Henry ready to pounce!

There has been talk of United loaning-in a new keeper as a temporary back-up for Barthez, but with Carroll fit and raring to go, I honestly don't see why we should've been battling with Arsenal for the signature of Uruguay's Carini, or even someone like Rustu, Turkey's World Cup star.
We're fine as we are, with or without Barthez. We have Carroll!

After signing from Second Division Wigan for a mere £2m (raising to around £2.5m) it seems that this has to be one of the greatest Bargain Signings United have made in their entire history spanning near-to around 120 years.
This Summer Signing of 2001 must go right up-there with the likes of Cantona when he joined from Leeds for just over a million, Schmeichel's £hundred-thousand move from Denmark, and even Van Nistelrooy's £19.5m that finally took-place at the same time.

He may not have helped us achieve silverware in any shape or form as of yet, and his first season at Old Trafford may have turned-out to be something of a 'disaster' rather than the 'life at the top' he was expecting. But give it time, and we will win something. And then the rest will follow, so much silver that the visting will get blinded!

Barthez may still remain no.1 between the sticks, despite some regular critisism, but Fergie and all United fans world-wide should now feel that extra bit secure when the Fab Man is back on the Treatment Table again, as Northern Ireland international Roy Carroll has really begun to show us all that he can mix-'n'-match against the big boys, and that he may also be the one to take-over in goal when the Barthez finally hangs-up his gloves!

Fergie must have known there was something special about this lad when he first saw him play at the JJB Stadium when he first he broke into the Wigan first team. The temptation of playing at the Theatre of Dreams for United, in the Premiership and Champions' League alone was too-strong a temptation for Carroll who ignored the rest, and chose the best. And he's certainly proven in such a short space of time that he can BE the best, and stop the rest.

Ok that's enough rhyming from me... he wouldn't be Northern Ireland's first-choice keeper for nothing!

But how secure can Barthez place really be with a youngster like this??
He's still got so many years ahead of him to develop too....
Wed 28/08/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Roy Carroll is a outstanding keeper and sure will give Fabien Barthez a runn for his money, Carroll will go far, his performences latley have been exellent.
Wed 28/08/02 at 17:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
True, but it's not all about his recent performances alone...
He proved he was just as able to cope with life at the top with the appearences he made last season, his first at United.

I remember the Villa game at Villa Park as the game that really made us stand-up and take note of this 'cheap, back-up' player.

I never really saw him play for Wigan though.
But whatever he did there must have been good. Otherwise he'd had never become a Northern Ireland international so soon in his career!
Wed 28/08/02 at 17:52
Regular
not wanting to rant or anything. but i said Roy carrol was immense at Barthez was a waste of space and everyone told me roy carroll was not good enough. I rember seeing him playing for northern Ireland and in the FA cup for wigan and said he was the better signing. I also said Barthez was prone to mistakes and not world class then last season happened and my mockers agreed with me. Its time to sell Barthez and buy Rustu or one of the good italian keepers and make them to compete with carrol who is much better. they should have signed kirkland last year and made them compete with each other for the No 1 spot and then united would be so much better. But then again Ferguson clearly knows nothing about goalkeepers and was lucky Schmeichel held out so long.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Barthez may have made mistakes in the past but you still cannot ignore the fact that he is still a World Class goalkeeper - just like Carroll will one day surely become.

Barthez still has his uses at Old Trafford, for one thing he can help Carroll develop by teaching him all he knows, and how to adjust to coping under the pressure of a massive Champions' League Semi Final.

Nothing negative's gunna help Barthez get back to his best.
Look at all the good praise Carroll is getting, this can only be a good thing for him.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:26
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
>
> Barthez still has his uses at Old Trafford, for one thing he can help
> Carroll develop by teaching him all he knows,

thats what i am worried about. he has never been good you just can't really fail to keep clean sheets when your defence is:

Thuram
Lizarazu
Desailly
Blanc & lebeouf (when they were good)

And then patrick viera sheilding the defence!

He is not upo scratch!
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:52
Regular
I have to say I thought Carroll had a great game last night, he never looked under pressure and I feel the defense look more relaxed knowing that they did not have an erratic frenchman behind them.
Wed 28/08/02 at 20:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
i'd prefer Fergie to get rid of 'calamity' Barthez and cash in on him while he still can. Should get a good 5 Million for him which will pay for the Escude fee if we ever sign him. Then he should get Carini in on loan to make sure he doesn't do a Taibi and then sign him for the fee Juventus want which shouldn't be much seeing as he's about number 2 or 3 at Juve.
Wed 28/08/02 at 21:19
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
I haven't actually seen any praise for Carroll yet and he hasn't looked to amazing when I have seen him. Yesterday he may have been in the same situation as Ashley mentioned that Barthez and France had. Ferdinand and Blanc were playing ahead of him and there was no real threat from the opposition anyway.

I watched the Chelsea match as well and he made no effort for the Zenden shot and his distribution of the ball by throwing it is appaling.
Thu 29/08/02 at 09:21
Regular
Mart Poom is on his way to United, according to the today's papers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.