GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not overly impressed with van nistelrooys contribution"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 00:18
Regular
he may have scored two tonight but one was a penalty and the other was unmissable. Im not sure what it was but it was the same in the pre season he just isn't looking comfortable, he seems in full fitness but is being really timid. You expect him to shoot but he just seems afraid to and trys to dribble againdt dtupid odds and quite rightly loses. He seems to have lost a bit of his eye for the goal, even though i'm not a united supporter i'd like to see him playing with a bit more confidence. Im not sure he will score many at the start of the season.

PS. there was no way that was a penalty, Ferguson smiled and didn't think it was you could see it in his face. Nistelrooy made a meal of it.

Why didn't forlan take the penalty? the game was in the bag and it would have been the perfect chance to have opened his account!
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:50
Regular
I thought Van Nistelrooy had a very poor game, he is getting caught offside too often, too lazy coming back. His touch is letting him down, but he is still deadly in front of the goals and I guess that is all that matters if he scores the goals.

I think that Keane needs to lighten up a bit, we were 3-0 up, he should have let Forlan take the penalty. The booing from the Utd crowd, should give him a hint that he made a bit mistake.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:26
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I think Scholes is out for 2 weeks, not sure though could be longer.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:24
Regular
Speaking of Diego Forlan. How sad was that on him not being allowed that goal!?

He has had the ball hacked of the line in the Champions League Semi-Final last year against Leverkusen, come close many times in the Premiership, and when he does score its bloomin disallowed!

Giggs cross did go out though. Still sad on Forlan...

Great game though, only stopped by the Scholes injury. How long will he be out for?
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:27
Regular
Hasslebaink, gudjohnsen, forsell, cole. Absolutely bloomin lethal (not to mention leon Knight)
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:17
Regular
Henry, Bergkamp, Wiltord, Kanu, Alidiare Deadly.
Wed 28/08/02 at 11:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Something's effecting him....

It may be the pressure on after a success-less season as the club's top scorer last season - a player who is EXPECTED to score this season and take United back upto the top.... AND BEYOND!

He just didn't have anything like that in Holland with PSV and co.

And is it just me or was he crying when he scored that penalty??
The look on his face suggested so - as he went over to hug Forlan who SHOULD have taken the kick if it wasn't for that egotistic Irish a-hole Roy Keane!

Surely Fergie should have the last say as the manager and NOT his over-payed Captain - who played very well yesterday, I must say!

I almost cried with joy for the lad when Forlan's header hit the back of the net. But then there was that funking lino, once again.... :@
Wed 28/08/02 at 00:42
Regular
I didnt see the game tonight ( was working) but I have to say he has looked rather clumsy on the ball in the games I have seen. I woudnt say he has lost his eye for goal, but sometimes he just doesnt know what to do when he gets the ball...Not the best sort of player you want when you play a slick passing game like that.
Wed 28/08/02 at 00:39
Regular
oh im not judging him and i think he will be in the top 3 scorers but he just hasn't looked sharp, those goals against Boca were his only ones as well. hes not looking as sharp as he was last season but im certain he will improve.
Wed 28/08/02 at 00:26
Regular
Pre-season...

Oh yes, against Boca Juniors where he scored 2.

League is only two games in. I dont think you can start judging him like that already.
Wed 28/08/02 at 00:18
Regular
he may have scored two tonight but one was a penalty and the other was unmissable. Im not sure what it was but it was the same in the pre season he just isn't looking comfortable, he seems in full fitness but is being really timid. You expect him to shoot but he just seems afraid to and trys to dribble againdt dtupid odds and quite rightly loses. He seems to have lost a bit of his eye for the goal, even though i'm not a united supporter i'd like to see him playing with a bit more confidence. Im not sure he will score many at the start of the season.

PS. there was no way that was a penalty, Ferguson smiled and didn't think it was you could see it in his face. Nistelrooy made a meal of it.

Why didn't forlan take the penalty? the game was in the bag and it would have been the perfect chance to have opened his account!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.