GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA Vice City 100% Unofficial Chat Thread Thing"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 10:30
Regular
So, we can go in buildings and hold up stores, we have motorbikes and helicopters, machetes, a city x times bigger than Liberty (I forget what the number was) AND BLONDIE!

m/

WOO!

So who else is REALLY looking forward to this game? I know I am.
Mon 02/09/02 at 13:51
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Just checked out another couple of sites.

Play.com have it down as 22nd October

Amazon.co.uk have it down as 25th October

Lets just hope it's the 25th and yes a days holiday will have to be booked here I think.
Mon 02/09/02 at 13:35
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Just looked on SR's release date site and they've got the following :

GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY (GTA3) (RATED 18). .
Due for release: 22/10/2002

Umm, that's a Tuesday so either they haven't updated their site or it could be the 22nd Nov....please no, I can't wait that long!

THE GETAWAY
Due for release: 29/11/2002

Now that's a Friday so I hope that'll be the right date :-)
Fri 30/08/02 at 16:19
"Darkness, always"
if the GTA series wasn't incredibly violent, would it still have so strong a following?
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
So when is GTA: Vice City coming out for the PC?

The PC version isn't even in the SR database yet, so I'd think if your a PC gamer who wants to wait for the game, your going to be waitng a bloody long time.
Fri 30/08/02 at 15:31
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
GTA vice city will be on PC! so why buy a PS2!
Thu 29/08/02 at 13:52
"High polygon count"
This is from my post elsewhere about the coverage in the latest PSM2 mag... I thought it'd go down well in here.

-----

Over 100 vehicles, over 40 weapons, 9 hours of radio, 8000 pedestrian comments, 8 hours of scripted dialogue, an hour and a half of cutscenes. Vice City is double the size of Liberty City, with improved textures, streaming and animations.

The star is not the guy from GTA3, and he actually speaks. Waterways, swamps and beaches, with a big selection of boats. You can visit clothes stores to change clothes. Over 60 'internal' locations - some are simple like AmmuNation, others are places like nightclubs - full internal areas, with things to do inside. The article describes 'Tommy' (the main character) leaving a shop to find someone about to make off on his bike... at which point he rams a screwdriver into the hijacker, who falls off the bike - and tommy switches to a hammer to finish him off.

Targeting has been improved, and you can now crouch when shooting. Improving on the drive-by aspect, on bikes and boats you can now shoot forwards! You can shoot drivers or passengers through the car windows now, and shoot out tyres. Pedestrians are more varied and do more than just walk about, and other criminals also get chased by the cops - so if you hear a siren, they may not be after you!

Oh, and there's a big screenshot of 'Tommy' flying a helicopter...
Wed 28/08/02 at 19:05
Regular
once I read that there was a MECHETE i nearly went off the rails. Just the thought of hacking someone to bits whilst blood spews from their vital organs makes me wet myself...

wait, thats violent, oh well.
Wed 28/08/02 at 19:04
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Oh guess i was wrong.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:57
Regular
That is what I thought :)
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:55
Regular
25th october

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.