GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dixons comes up with the goods"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/11/00 at 13:08
Regular
Having ordered with Dixons back in September and having been told that I was getting a launch day machine, they then went on to explain that it could take 14 - 21 days to deliver - they are having a laugh.
Apparently because I ordered via their website, (and not at a particular shop), they will require this extra time to deliver.
In any event, following numerous shouting matches, (and a call to their London regional office), they have agreed to bring forward their delivery schedule to today....most people will still not get their PS2 until after this Friday, but I, (and a few other lucky people), will get a machine before anyone else. I have been told it will arrive Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. I suggest other Dixons customers ring up and say the same. Happy gaming
Tue 21/11/00 at 15:44
Possibly, but not definitely. EB in Staines, had 90-odd pre-order forms, and only 40-odd are collectable on launch day, so you wouldn't have been 'guaranteed' one. I take your point though.
Tue 21/11/00 at 15:17
I am a having similar problems with special reserve. i pre-ordered back in march. at the time they were promising delivery to your door on release day. i even had to pay them £3 extra for 1st class delivery, something hey did not disclose at time of pre-order. now when i phoned to find out when i will receive my ps2 they tell me it could be on release day on sometime during the next week.

i'm so p*ssed off. i might as well have saved my deposit until september and ordered one from EB. at least i would be assured of collecting it on release day!
Tue 21/11/00 at 13:52
well no ones writing much, i am gonna go off and think of sumthing decent to talk bout like the PS2 for when i get back!
Tue 21/11/00 at 13:48
Yes, I demand a reward for my sick sense of humour.
Tue 21/11/00 at 13:39
Babylonian wrote:
> No, not for you - but it'd screw Dixons - which would be funny -
> for me, anyway.

got to b a contender for "game a day"
Tue 21/11/00 at 13:34
No, not for you - but it'd screw Dixons - which would be funny - for me, anyway.
Tue 21/11/00 at 13:26
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
PuLsEd OuT wrote:
> PuLsEd OuT wrote:
> > humpo wrote:
> > > no it wouldn't
> >
> > short and sweet. well some days take 28 days others dont, and
> it
> > depends who's sending it
>
> companies

i meant it wouldnt be good if sony cut dixons quota of PS2's...they have got mine
Tue 21/11/00 at 13:22
PuLsEd OuT wrote:
> humpo wrote:
> > no it wouldn't
>
> short and sweet. well some days take 28 days others dont, and it
> depends who's sending it

companies
Tue 21/11/00 at 13:19
humpo wrote:
> no it wouldn't

short and sweet. well some days take 28 days others dont, and it depends who's sending it
Tue 21/11/00 at 13:15
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
no it wouldn't

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.