GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"zelda timeline"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/08/02 at 13:35
Regular
all of us zelda newbies are basically asking the same question over and over again about when in the timeline does GC Zelda fit in, well i've got the answer:
#1: Gamecube Zelda =GC
#2: Ocarina of Time = N64
#3: Majora's mask = N64
#4: The legend of Zelda = NES
#5: The adventure of Link = NES
#6: A Link to the past = SNES + GBA
#7: Oracle of Ages = GBC
#8: Oracle of Seasons = GBC

There you have it the Zelda timeline.
Fri 23/08/02 at 20:27
"The Will of D."
Maverick42 wrote:
> goku4ever wrote:
> Why should it be at the end, can't u see its already there in the
> list?
>
> I know, I said aswell. Link travels through time in it, doesn't he? So
> therefore, it should be in two different places.

From my point of view if Link went through time to an alternate future then Majora's mask would never have happened in that alternate future. So just stick to the normal timeline.
Fri 23/08/02 at 20:16
Regular
goku4ever wrote:
> Why should it be at the end, can't u see its already there in the
> list?

I know, I said aswell. Link travels through time in it, doesn't he? So therefore, it should be in two different places.
Fri 23/08/02 at 18:14
"The Will of D."
It is not different dimensions, it's just different ancestors of Link, which look exactly like him and also have the same name.
The reason the Gamecube Zelda is at the top is because none of the other Link's had any blood relative like a sister or a Grandmother, so it is at the start of the timeline.
Fri 23/08/02 at 18:10
"The Will of D."
That was too easy when I did it, I got first try!
Any way this a chronological timeline of the zela series, not what order the games came out in.
Fri 23/08/02 at 15:42
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Link's Awakning was great, especially winning the Yoshi doll from that mini game!
Fri 23/08/02 at 00:48
Regular
Links Awakening was a dream

It could have happened practically anywhere
Fri 23/08/02 at 00:22
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Where's Link's Awakening?
Fri 23/08/02 at 00:20
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Actually, most of the Zelda games are set in different Universes. For example, in Ocarina of Time, Link banishes Gannondorf from his dimension, and Gannondorf says he will reap revenge on Link's ancestors. What he means is that he's terrorise link in another dimension.

This explains why Zelda never gets annoyed with being kindnapped, Gannondorf keeps terrorising Hyrule, and how the new Cell Shaded Zelda fits in (The Universe in this game is obviously far different).

Sonic
Thu 22/08/02 at 23:07
"The Will of D."
Why should it be at the end, can't u see its already there in the list?
Thu 22/08/02 at 21:17
Regular
You should put Ocarina of Time at the end aswell.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.