GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why make a game when you can copy it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/06/08 at 19:17
Regular
"eat toast!"
This is truly priceless:

link

Pub pals pin hopes on US game success

How did this developer copy parts of oblivion and get away with it for so long. The game also had part from thief deadly shadows in it.
Sat 14/06/08 at 03:47
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Garin wrote:
> I like the general hysteria thats accompanying it. People are
> even citing scenes from films they've apparently copied. :)
>
> hehe yeah, it`s ridiculous, everythng borrows elements from
> everything else. the pointis how blatant a copy it was, but
> saying "oh that`s like a bit in X film" is daft,
> otherwise GTA would suffocate under a crowd of angry
> godfather/scarface fans :D

Well I was maybe a little premature in saying it was hysteria. Lots of video/screenshot comparisons have surfaced now. They really have used footages from movies it seems. At this point, you have to wonder if any of the game assets are original.

In a small way I'm almost impressed actually. It is quite an achievement to take material from so many different sources and make them jell together.
Fri 13/06/08 at 22:01
Regular
"eat toast!"
well, there is the arguement of non literal and literal copying of peoples work...

EG: anyone could make a character similar to james bond. They can't use the same name nor have the character go through similar exploits like fighting a super villian that has a pet or something.

But what about satire? Now thats something i want to know.

But in this case, the blantant copying and plagurism here is conclusive.
Fri 13/06/08 at 17:12
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Garin wrote:
> I like the general hysteria thats accompanying it. People are
> even citing scenes from films they've apparently copied. :)

hehe yeah, it`s ridiculous, everythng borrows elements from everything else. the pointis how blatant a copy it was, but saying "oh that`s like a bit in X film" is daft, otherwise GTA would suffocate under a crowd of angry godfather/scarface fans :D
Fri 13/06/08 at 10:39
Regular
"eat toast!"
like you wouldn't notice the biggest ones. Especially when you work in the industry. Someone must have read/seen/played the game in their spare time.
Thu 12/06/08 at 23:38
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
spoonbeast wrote:
> DUR, how did you not notice that
> some of it came from OBLIVION? ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF
> 2006/7!!???

Realistically, how do you notice? Thousands of games are released every year, its quite unrealistic to expect a publisher to have intimate knowledge of every title. That its taken months for anybody to notice just illustrates the problem.
Thu 12/06/08 at 23:07
Regular
"eat toast!"
I've added this extra article. More funny.

i don't know who to laugh at more. The fact that the trio thought they could make money from it, or the fact that the game that they dreamed of making has turned into a legal nightmare/deathwish for the 3 of them.

Or how blind/ignorant the publishers were to the video game industry to not notice that the game copied parts of a more superior and well known game. DUR, how did you not notice that some of it came from OBLIVION? ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF 2006/7!!???
Thu 12/06/08 at 22:51
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The flag on the left side is the most damning evidence. I dont know how they thought they could rip off such a well known game.
Thu 12/06/08 at 22:50
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I like the general hysteria thats accompanying it. People are even citing scenes from films they've apparently copied. :)
Thu 12/06/08 at 22:34
Regular
You mean Here

Haha that's pretty funny though, can't see how they can pull the ignorance card though it is almost identical not just similar!
Thu 12/06/08 at 19:17
Regular
"eat toast!"
This is truly priceless:

link

How did this developer copy parts of oblivion and get away with it for so long. The game also had part from thief deadly shadows in it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.