GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What made you come to this site?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/11/00 at 12:01
Regular
I knew of Special Reserve before this forum came about, as my brother is a member, so I came on the site looking at the prices, and saw the link to Gameaday. I looked at some of the topics, and I found them interesting. People were willing to read what I had written, and reply. It was all about discussion.

Now if you start a new topic, as a 'newbie' you get bitter and twisted replies like "Trying to win a game with one post?" Sometimes when this person has been on the other forums for months! And I saw someone having a go at Rav, he's been coming on here for ages!
This is not an exclusive club. I am thankful for the games I've won, as in my current situation, I can't afford to buy many.

Can you honestly say that you weren't drawn into this forum by the chance to win a game, as well as the intelligent, and sometimes not so intelligent discussions? Did people have a go at you when you first posted?

All of this moaning is ruining the forum for those that like to use it to discuss games and gaming.
Mon 20/11/00 at 19:03
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I had to go home early one night, at about 8, so that my lovely wife Karen could give a charity demonstration on how to decorate cakes. It was 11-30 before I got back to work and I think that night was my latest posts.

But I often just come on to see what's been said before I go home, and possibly post a few comments. I generally go home between 9 and 11pm.
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:59
Regular
Tony are you here all day, cos i see messages written at midnight!
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
As long as it ends in a 'y' then it doesn't matter.
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:57
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends - What day is it?
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:56
Regular
Yup.

Nearly anywho.
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:56
Regular
You on the nightshift again, Tony?
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:55
Regular
hmmmmmmmm.......17?!
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:55
Regular
(Yeah. Right. I am able to read your feeble comments, by the way.)
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:54
Regular
I reckon Grix is in his teens.
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:54
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Everybody is welcomed by everybody. Really most people like to see more people on here, regardless of what they contribute.

Some people like a bit of sport, that's all. Liven the place up a bit. I think it's hilarious that people jump on a Newbie and make him read the rules.

And it's all done in the best possible taste.

But let's be entertaining and informative. Political and witty, but not argumentative.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.