GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think about the delay of Half-Life on Dreamcast?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/11/00 at 21:07
Regular
I think the delay of Half-Life on Dreamcast is very disapointing!
I hope that its delay isn't going to be as long as 'The Perfect Dark Delay'!
I have been waiting for ages for it to come out on the sega machine.
Is it true that the game is better than the PC version?
Wed 22/11/00 at 22:29
IA!!!
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I agree to an extent, but depending on its hype it can also become a games downfall.

When a game is put back, its upto mags to find out any info they can on it. After months and months of set backs, you have so many screen shots, reports on the content that it takes away most if not all the surprises.
You end with step by step pics of the intro and stuff so you end up knowing what to expect.

Also if its really hyped up, the game doesn't always live upto the hype, a lot like films.

Certain games such as Shenmue and Half Life don't really get this problem because their either well made brilliant games, or like Half Life are a PC port over so people will always be dying to compare it with the old version.

Like you i'd love to see an online option added to Half Life too ;-)
Mon 20/11/00 at 16:50
I am getting very used to delays as well!!!!!!
But the more the game is delayed the more egar I am getting!!!!!
Don't you agree?
Mon 20/11/00 at 16:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
The developers have stated that they were not happy about something so credit to them for taking time to iron out a few flaws. It is dissapointing having to wait till next year but its not that far off and there are some pretty amazing games coming out untill then.
This delay, maybe I am getting my hopes up a bit but could there be any chance that they will add the online features? With Quake III shaping up to be the game to get on DC maybe the developers feel that online gaming should be added.
Mon 20/11/00 at 16:22
If this delay makes the best game of all time even better then all the better.
MSR was delayed for ages and is now the best racer in the world so if this is anything to go by a delay in a release is well worth it.

>Is it true that the game is better than the PC version<

The PC version is over 2 years old now so the answer is yes. There are new ,DC only, levels and updated graphics.
Hopefully the gameplay is still the same, as it was perfect in the PC game. Lets hope the artificial intelligence is still there as well.
Mon 20/11/00 at 16:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Delays are nothing new - getting VERY used to them.
Sun 19/11/00 at 21:08
Regular
Is this the Dreamcast Forum?
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Sun 19/11/00 at 21:07
I think the delay of Half-Life on Dreamcast is very disapointing!
I hope that its delay isn't going to be as long as 'The Perfect Dark Delay'!
I have been waiting for ages for it to come out on the sega machine.
Is it true that the game is better than the PC version?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.