GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 tv ads"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/11/00 at 11:55
Regular
i saw an advert on telly last night with a completly black screen and just a small pulsating blue light...is an ultra chic PS2 ad
Mon 20/11/00 at 13:15
I personally think they're cool. Saw them on TV over the weekend, and I knew instantly what they were for.

Only Sony would dare advertise a product without actually showing it, or any of the software. Very surreal.

Presumably the part that says "WHERE" is in there cos you can't actually buy the thing in the shops! :-)

Oh, and I'd read about people raving over the blue light - now I see what they mean!
Mon 20/11/00 at 09:52
these adverts on the net r rubish, u thik thas the advert ay?? 3 adverts by sony and all are about 2 seconds long?
Mon 20/11/00 at 09:40
it's availiabe in just over 3 days, and u can pre-order it now
Mon 20/11/00 at 08:56
Why oh why do advertising campaigns for consoles consist of surreal imagery. Ask Jo Public as to what would make them buy the PS2 and they would say "the amazing graphics" so why the hell don't adverts show this?

If I hadn't already ordered a PS2 why should a blinking blue light inspire me to do so? Anyone would think that Sony are trying to sell a new perfume, not a state-of-the-art piece of electronics.

And the biggest question is why waste your marketing budget when the product isn't generally available for several weeks? All VERY strange.
Sun 19/11/00 at 23:55
Goto http://www.uk.scee.com/ps2trailers/ and watch all three short and subtle PS2 trailers using quicktime. Takes only a minute before they come up on a 56K modem.
Sun 19/11/00 at 22:22
What time???? What channel???
Sun 19/11/00 at 11:55
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
i saw an advert on telly last night with a completly black screen and just a small pulsating blue light...is an ultra chic PS2 ad

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.