GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In defence of Goatboy..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/08/02 at 15:57
Regular
The Nintendo brigade have been getting onto Goatboy a little lately for his remarks about the Gamecube. Well at least he tried it. To prove this I looked back at old posts, so you can see for yourself, Goatboy did try it.

Here's evidence too.

Simply replace the number after 'threadid' in the URL (currently 508xx) with the following 5 digit numbers:

42885 Goatboy resisting temptation

42985 Goatboy pretending the Gamecube is for poor spasticated little Timmy.

43060 Goatboy goes to buy a lightsaber, but gets a Gamecube.

43135 The Gamecube effect works on Goatboy.

43284 Goatboy gets Super Monkey Ball.

43777 Er, Goatboy talks Joe Dolci and Falco for no apparent reason.

43729 Goatboy falls out with Super Monkey Ball.

43979 Goatboy tries to fix the notable election. ;o)

See?

He tried, he didn't enjoy.

I still say he should have listened to me, waited until Xmas and bought the console once Eternal Darkness was out - but that's not important.
Thu 15/08/02 at 23:52
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Right, Goatboy...

*Realises a truce has been made*

Damn.

:-D
Thu 15/08/02 at 22:35
Regular
Well I'm sorry that my post was taken the wrong way, I wasn't trying to question your taste in games or insult you.

Hell I'm a Ninty and I can't stand that feckin Monkey Ball game, as you said there's no depth to it, after about 10 levels it gets very very repetetive. The Monkey in the nappy made me laugh shame the game wasn't more intresting.

Monkeys are good that game isn't. If it was a game where you had to teach a Monkey to smoke, now that would be a feckin game.
Thu 15/08/02 at 19:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No worries Meka, I'm a big boy and can look after myself.
Heh

And I really, really didn't like Monkeyball.
Frustrating as opposed to challenging and just have better ways of spending my time.

Like shouting at an ex-girlfriend who wont stop phoning me.
I'm *really* running out of patience with people lately.
Thu 15/08/02 at 19:06
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Time for a Springer's Final Thought me thinks :D
Thu 15/08/02 at 18:44
Regular
"not dead"
Sorry Goatboy.

I honestly thought that created this topic would show people that you gave the Gamecube a chance, rather than give others a chance to heap crap on you.

It's not a difficult concept. He played Super Monkey Ball, and though the multiplayer was fun, the nature of the game didn't appeal. Some people enjoy the challenge of doing the same thing over and again until they complete it, others don't.

I mean, some people would tell you that Project Gotham Racing is a great game. Well I played it, and I'd say it was bloody awful - but I just don't like that type of game.

So once again Goatboy, sorry, it wasn't supposed to go like this.
Thu 15/08/02 at 14:29
Regular
"Wasting away"
Make love, not war.

Shame on you.

Not you.

You.

Yes, you.
Thu 15/08/02 at 14:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No problem.
Thu 15/08/02 at 14:08
Regular
Okay I grow tired of this stupid argument, I apologise if you took my comments personally I didn't realise that saying stuff like "me show big man hood through gun game" was so offending. Maybe I should have rephrased it.

Anyway it's a very hot day and I'm stuck inside a sweaty office with nothing but a battery powered fan and a fat she/man for company. I really can't be bothered with an argument on an Internet chat site about a stupid comment that was taken the wrong way.

Though one last question, where can I go to learn the logic that says a jokey comment about someones taste in computer games is more out of order than a coment saying that someone's and I quote "a big illiterate spastic" and then going on to tell them that you're better than them?

Anyway enough of the petty squabbling I have better things to do like.....ummmm...uummmmmm play with my Duplo blocks.

Peace?
Thu 15/08/02 at 12:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"seem to have been aimed at you personally"

A post taking the p#ss out of me, with absolutely no confusion or grey area as to exactly what you trying to do.

A general "Nintendo/Sony people are spastics" is a generalisation, but as soon as you comment solely towards a person with directly offensive tones then yes, I will square up and tell you that you're a tool.

I'll take any number of jokes about Xbox users being monkeys or PC gamers being muppets because I shrug and carry on with my day.
Because I'm a grown-up.
But as soon as somebody starts on me directly, then I'll respond.
And keep responding, because there is no humour in singling somebody out for jokes.
It's something I never do, except for Grix but he knows I love him really.

Yes I'm arrogant, yes I'm mouthy. But I can back it up because I know I walk taller than anyone else I know.
For the pure and simple fact that I do not, ever, mock an individual.
A group, yes. But not a person.

And yes I'm a big boy and can handle it, but when the entire purpose this stupid argument is me saying "I hate Nintendo and I think people that play it are retards" and being met with "wah wah baby boy" then I take offense.
By all means mock my gaming habits, but you make it personal mate and I'll stand here forever and keep replying and keep responding.

Because I do not let anybody at all, under any circumstance, make snidy comments about me personally.
That is the behaviour of a person that would get a smack in the mouth outside of a forum.
That's not a threat, I don't threaten people.
I'm saying that the internet allows a measure of boldness that you would not possess if you had to face the consequence of somebody telling you that you should not make personal comments to them.

Yes, I mock Nintendo.
I will continue to do so.
But what I will not stand for is a kid being mouthy and condescending when I respond to personal comments.
Thu 15/08/02 at 12:12
Regular
Goatboy wrote:

> Especially ones that are better than you.

You really think that you're somebody don't you?

Do you know me?

Have you ever met me?

Then don't judge me you annoying little scroat. My comments may have been seem to be aimed at you personally but i've said the same to the majority of Sony users, do you honestly think that Nintendo fans are not gonna take it personally when you call them a bunch of spastics?

Now taketh your head from your ar$e and stop arguing, Jesus mate you go on about people wearing mittens, I think you've just proved that you should join the ranks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.