GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Film] Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/05/08 at 13:01
Regular
"THFC"
Not even a week since this films UK release, i eagerly went last night to see the newest installment in an epic series of movies.

I really don't want to give much away on this film as part of the magic in this genre is the surprise in traps, twists and turns, but we see Henry Jones Jr being held at gun point by KGB (soviet), they have taken control of an American base and are looking for something which Dr. Jones has had an involvement with in the past.

Obviousley for the films sake, he manages to get away in the true fashion of the film; guns, whips, and cheesey one liners make the openeing few minutes a fanastic sequence of scenes and really sets you up for the few hours to follow! Indiana meets up with a young rogue called "Mutt" played by Shia LaBeouf (also in Transformers and the upcoming film - Eagle Eye) while Mutt talks with Indiana with regards to some of his old friends, they are once again chased by KGB - another escape scene sees a motorbike chase through the streets and a university! Soon our veteran and his youthful new companion are on their way to Peru, where they will learn the secrets of the Crystall Skull!

Thats as far as i will go because i really think this is a film that any fan of the previous ones should see. It has recieved some bad press and while i can partially agree it is not as good as the old ones, i think it adds something to the old ones but retains the quirky, adventure feel that has captured the hearts of so many. Plus hearing the Theme tune at the cinema is fantastic!

Lucasfilms have a big part to play in the production of this film, and some fight scenes have used CGI to replace actors, while it is impressive, i do not think it is up to the standards that Mr. Lucas is capable of, and we have all ready this year seen better effects.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a good, solid film which is left open for even more to be made, as a fan of the series and characters in it, i can only hope this is true. If you like Indiana Jones, then watch this film, some good twists, turns and traps. But I did find part of the ending to be out of character for the film, and only until you see it will you be able to debate this fact.

A good film, that will bring new fans into the old films i am sure, and i would really recommend watching this.
I have to give it an overal: 8/10 if your a fan, if you are new to it then probably a 7.

Hope you enjoy the film!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 28/05/08 at 13:01
Regular
"THFC"
Not even a week since this films UK release, i eagerly went last night to see the newest installment in an epic series of movies.

I really don't want to give much away on this film as part of the magic in this genre is the surprise in traps, twists and turns, but we see Henry Jones Jr being held at gun point by KGB (soviet), they have taken control of an American base and are looking for something which Dr. Jones has had an involvement with in the past.

Obviousley for the films sake, he manages to get away in the true fashion of the film; guns, whips, and cheesey one liners make the openeing few minutes a fanastic sequence of scenes and really sets you up for the few hours to follow! Indiana meets up with a young rogue called "Mutt" played by Shia LaBeouf (also in Transformers and the upcoming film - Eagle Eye) while Mutt talks with Indiana with regards to some of his old friends, they are once again chased by KGB - another escape scene sees a motorbike chase through the streets and a university! Soon our veteran and his youthful new companion are on their way to Peru, where they will learn the secrets of the Crystall Skull!

Thats as far as i will go because i really think this is a film that any fan of the previous ones should see. It has recieved some bad press and while i can partially agree it is not as good as the old ones, i think it adds something to the old ones but retains the quirky, adventure feel that has captured the hearts of so many. Plus hearing the Theme tune at the cinema is fantastic!

Lucasfilms have a big part to play in the production of this film, and some fight scenes have used CGI to replace actors, while it is impressive, i do not think it is up to the standards that Mr. Lucas is capable of, and we have all ready this year seen better effects.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a good, solid film which is left open for even more to be made, as a fan of the series and characters in it, i can only hope this is true. If you like Indiana Jones, then watch this film, some good twists, turns and traps. But I did find part of the ending to be out of character for the film, and only until you see it will you be able to debate this fact.

A good film, that will bring new fans into the old films i am sure, and i would really recommend watching this.
I have to give it an overal: 8/10 if your a fan, if you are new to it then probably a 7.

Hope you enjoy the film!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.