GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XI"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/08/02 at 17:59
Regular
What do you all think of the next final fantasy game?

I just checked out this site and it goes to play this game you'll need the Playstations new hard drive and the ethernet port for online gaming. Just read this on a import site, those things will knock you around $200 plus just for da hard drive.

What are all your issues on this???
Tue 13/08/02 at 21:47
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Yeah prices should be lowered, I just read somewhere that the for the PS2 you'll be able to buy the ethernet port I think for around $39.99 dont know the UK price, But one down side you'll need broadband to access just like the xbox.

Like the xbox they may even allow users to hook upto the web using normal 56kps connection, this may also happen with the PS2 in the future, who knows!
Tue 13/08/02 at 16:12
"For the horde!!!!"
maybe if the fan base and a few online games come out then maybe the prices will drop.
Mon 12/08/02 at 19:05
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
True, I think its not worth getting all this gear for the PS2, if only they where like Xbox, which comes with a hard drive, Sony should certainly offer this hard drive at a reasonable price for ff fans.
Mon 12/08/02 at 00:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
i'll be getting all the stuff i need to play online when i know it actually works. i won't just be buying it for FFXI though. I'll be getting it for the likes of Socom, Madden 2003 and metal gear solid online as well
Sun 11/08/02 at 23:11
Regular
"accidental superher"
there have been loadsa problems with FF11 in japan...it had a really shaky start (where some people who bought it couldn't actually play the thing)
it takes ages to install...all of it runs off the hard drive...
well i'll get it...but not for ps2 that's for sure
Sun 11/08/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
All true, I think its better getting the PC version, at least this should come out much earlier.
Sun 11/08/02 at 15:37
"For the horde!!!!"
might as well get the pc version. y r they charging so much 4 an hardrive and modem, Microsoft supplies them with the x-box
Sun 11/08/02 at 13:44
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'm gonna get it on the pc...
way too expensive on the ps2...
and the pc version will probably come out in europe before the ps2 version...cos last i heard the ps2 version wasn't going to come out here until 2004
and it's very easy to import a pc version of it without having to have all these modchips and stuff
Sun 11/08/02 at 10:40
Regular
Its going to come out on the PC too, so I might go that way, it sounds like it might be a cheaper alternative.
Sat 10/08/02 at 21:36
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Damn right its expensive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.