GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSW's DVD is rubbish compared to..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/08/02 at 10:43
Regular
..Play's.

We have more reviews, more Previews, precious Toca footage, a funny video of when 2 play people trained as Stuntmen, an actual video of E3 instead of just the game footage, fottage of games that actually shows one whole level palyed through instead of short clips and Mr. T saying "Your watching Play TV fool!"

Ha! We rule. PSw sucks.
Tue 13/08/02 at 23:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
is it me or did Will Johnston sound like he was on the verge of crying in that review? it was pretty funny
Tue 13/08/02 at 15:15
Regular
The play voiceover woman sounds like a machine, but for reviews they have the actual reviewer reading out there game so you have an expert.

Seeing mr. Johnston reading his POW review at gunpoint was a laugh.

"I can't work under these conditions"

BANG!
Mon 12/08/02 at 00:37
Regular
When OPSM2 get a redesign, I hpe they come up with a DVD layout to compare with PSW's. Then they will have the best DVD. We just have to wait and see.
Sun 11/08/02 at 21:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Play's DVD is so cool. an interview with MR T!!!! I pity the fool who doesn't like that. Plus it's almost 3 hours long and has cool features such as the stuntman thing and the Red Faction 2 playtest. That game looks like it's going to be good. Why they have that female doing the voiceovers i don't know get someone in who knows what they're on about.
Sun 11/08/02 at 16:20
HA HA HA ! I'm glad I wasn't the only person who thought that!
Sat 10/08/02 at 19:25
Regular
You`re kidding! Like that lady from the PSW DVD actually reviews the games, lol! Every time I hear her I can`t concentrate on the words because of the clear message coming through from the way she talks -

"I`m just reading out what they told me to. I`m just the voice they wanted on their DVD so that it sounded a little sexy instead of a load of old blokes getting excited about games which wouldn't attract a major audience."

"God I hate using these words, they`re just not the kind of words I would ever use in public, or even in a private place. Its not just that, the sentences too, and even the way I accentuate certain parts. If it wasn`t for my gentler more female voice I really would sound like a man in every way."

"What IS this game? What IS a PS2? How should I know? I`ll just keep reading this, and keep getting paid, and then maybe later I`ll try and understand it. Or maybe not."

"Look, I do this once a month, its not like it takes up my whole life or anything. There's no way I`d want to get caught up in all this gaming rubbish all the time. I really don`t see what these guys like about it."

It all reminds me of that ring tone advert with the small head inside the screen going "Deedle dee deedle dee deedle dee dee dee" despite absolutely hating what goes on.

Apart from that, PSW DVDs are very good. :D
Sat 10/08/02 at 18:49
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Problem there is Play doesn't always have a DVD. ;)
You sit and dote over your beloved Mr. T, I'll enjoy listening to the silky voice of a nice lady lovely, who actually knows how to review a game - unlike most female reviewers for TV (excluding the Bits trio... MMMMMMMMM).
Sat 10/08/02 at 11:05
Regular
"  "
Why do I have the feeling every topic you make is directed at me? :)
Sat 10/08/02 at 10:43
Regular
..Play's.

We have more reviews, more Previews, precious Toca footage, a funny video of when 2 play people trained as Stuntmen, an actual video of E3 instead of just the game footage, fottage of games that actually shows one whole level palyed through instead of short clips and Mr. T saying "Your watching Play TV fool!"

Ha! We rule. PSw sucks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.