GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If the Romans hung Jesus"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/08/02 at 23:03
Regular
Would Christians walk around with nooses on?

:)
Sun 18/08/02 at 17:40
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Oh......the opportunity for a Hicks quote is immense.

But I'll let Goatboy do it.
Sat 17/08/02 at 11:53
Regular
Ant wrote:
> other environmental findings have proved many
> stories in the Bible, such as finding sulphur balls where those two
> towns (no idea how to spell them) Sodom (sp?) and Gomohra (sp?) were
> burnt down.

--

Matt Damon did that. I believe to be true, so it must be.
Fri 16/08/02 at 23:57
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I knew I was right :D
Fri 16/08/02 at 23:54
Regular
Hell ye. Which puts a lot of doubt over the whole of the English translation of the Bible. Some words just lose thier meaning when they are translated. And some other words dont even have a meaning in other languages...
Fri 16/08/02 at 20:31
SHEEPY wrote:
> I think he existed... just the son of God/virgin mother bit that gets
> me :)

Tjhe whole virgin mother thing is actually a mistake. When the bible was first being translated from hebrew to english, so obviously a long time ago, the hebrew word for "young woman" was translated as "virgin" by a pious translater. Interesting, eh?
Thu 15/08/02 at 23:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Beware the Toads wrote:

> If you are still desperate to bash Christians

actually i was a christian for about the first 15 years of my life until i started to lose my faith and respect for religion as a whole not just christianity so i am not bashing christianity if i am bashing anything it's religion as a whole apart from Buddhism although i totally respect others beliefs and i am in no way having a go at anyone for being one religion or another.
One reason i lost respect for religion was all the hostility that came with it. Protestants vs Catholics is one example if you are believing in one God why fight over how to praise him? And the fact as soon as i dared to criticise the existence of Jesus by asking for some facts to prove he was actually real all i got was abuse once again reinforcing my belief religion brings hostility with it no matter what good meanings it started off with. The stories with Jesus have very good teachings behind them i don't dispute that it's preaching happiness and kindness so ain't nothing wrong with that but IN MY OPINION i don't 100% believe the whole bible is telling truths or is real. I'm pretty sure the Old Testament is a load of nonsense and if anything the New Testament is a lot more capable of being true.
Flanders if you could point me in the direction of such documents i'll be grateful and happy to read them and then come back with my thoughts on them. Just give me a few words to type into a search engine or something.
As i follow Buddhism and am on my way to inner peace i find no need to answer your insults with insults of my own as i find no need for them. One thing i did learn from christianity was to treat others how you yourself would like to be treated.
If i have upset anyone with my question i apologise i was just asking a reasonable question and didn't realise it would upset you so much.
Thu 15/08/02 at 23:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think he existed... just the son of God/virgin mother bit that gets me :)
Thu 15/08/02 at 22:51
i dont think whether he existed or not is actually important, its the effect he's had on christians everywhere with the stories in the bible etc. Something doesnt have to exist for you to believe in it, and if something has tangible effects even if it didn't technically "exist", it's existence is irrelevant. Eg, scientists have proved the earth was formed 4.5bn years ago. A bishop calculated that the Creation happened 11000 years ago (i think it was 11000, it was definitely very small comparatively). Scientifically, the Creation didnt exist, but people still believe in it, and we still have Sunday as a day of rest to a certain extent.
If you are still desperate to bash Christians (and I'll point out here that i am in no way a Christian, i just like to think about things), think about this: Even if Jesus didnt exist, the stories of him still preach forgiveness and love and kindness etc. Now if you have a problem with those things, get the hell off the planet, because we don't want you here!
Thu 15/08/02 at 16:56
Regular
"I like cheese"
Jesus lived. It's recorded, and as Flanders said, it's a historical fact. And in fact, other environmental findings have proved many stories in the Bible, such as finding sulphur balls where those two towns (no idea how to spell them) Sodom (sp?) and Gomohra (sp?) were burnt down.

And why shouldn't we post insults when all you can write is, "ooh, lets get all you religius lot in a huff."

Highly intelligent. *salivates with sarcasm*
Thu 15/08/02 at 11:16
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
lalakersrule wrote:

> Some stuff

I'm not going to waste my time pointing you to the numerous sources of information that exist to prove this point.

The Bible is one obvious place - forgetting all the God stuff for a minute. It happens to be a proven historical record. Many other manuscripts from the time also back up the historical record.

Go do a web search.

Foolish comments will be met with insults when necessary - your comments were in that catagory - I do apologise if I have upset you - fool..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.