GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WARNING! WARNING! BLATENT ATTEMPT TO WIN GAME!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/11/00 at 18:07
Regular
The future of gaming hey? (BRaHHH!!!!!!!!)

Only joking.

There is one thing though, I thought about recently. I was thinking about controllers. And VR.

You see, I want to play a game, with a little microchip in my head, so I can control the game with my thoughts.

The other day, when I was doing more designs for my Hovercar™, I wondered if there must be some better way to get my ideas out of my head.

You see, when I have an idea, I can't explain how it works, and I can't draw it. This puts me into a kinda zombie freeze sort of thing, as I can see the design perfectly in my head, but I can't get it out.

I am sure now, that any doubts of my sanity, are now cleared up.

So anyway, my idea was a little chip in your brain, that could project your thoughts. Obviously this is hypothetical.

Unfortunatly, it may not be a good idea. As you may be trying to show a presentation, and you may start thinking about other things. Especially if you see that damn hot girl sitting in the way she does.

*Cough*. Where was I?

Oh yeah. Getting to the point, I thought that you could use it instead to control games, I.E. in a game of a beat em-up, it would be possible to kick and punch by just thinking about it. And then the moves you think, would be transferred into commands, and then put into the game.

Genius.

Once, again, hypothetically.

It would take controlling games to a new height. Instead of having the restrictions of the controller, it would be possible to duck and dodge punchs, handbags, swinging monkeys, and all sorts of head height stuff.

You could even have a rumble feature installed, but I expect there would be many deaths.

Anyway, this will happen in the future. When we all become too fat to move, and will have grown chairs out of our bottoms. So we can sit whereever we like.

Hypothetically anywhere. But of course, I expect it wouldn't be a good idea to sit on a Lions face.

Especially at that weight.

Anyway, back to the point. Again. Imagine playing a strategy game, and this is where the thing really starts to kick in.

You know when your playing a game, and you really want to send three groups of soldiers into a place from three different entry points? Then you try to do it, but as you go to move the second lot in, the first lot get stuck, and loads die, and as you go to the third, you notice the third have been killed too.

With a chip to control it, it would happen at precisly the same time. Easy.

As I said, the next level of gaming.

Mind you, it may be a bit unsafe. Of course, Nintendo would advise only first party chips to be used, and Playstation owners would get themselves chipped with a third party chip, and fry their brain.

Humm. Perhaps it's a good idea after all. :)
Thu 16/11/00 at 18:07
Regular
The future of gaming hey? (BRaHHH!!!!!!!!)

Only joking.

There is one thing though, I thought about recently. I was thinking about controllers. And VR.

You see, I want to play a game, with a little microchip in my head, so I can control the game with my thoughts.

The other day, when I was doing more designs for my Hovercar™, I wondered if there must be some better way to get my ideas out of my head.

You see, when I have an idea, I can't explain how it works, and I can't draw it. This puts me into a kinda zombie freeze sort of thing, as I can see the design perfectly in my head, but I can't get it out.

I am sure now, that any doubts of my sanity, are now cleared up.

So anyway, my idea was a little chip in your brain, that could project your thoughts. Obviously this is hypothetical.

Unfortunatly, it may not be a good idea. As you may be trying to show a presentation, and you may start thinking about other things. Especially if you see that damn hot girl sitting in the way she does.

*Cough*. Where was I?

Oh yeah. Getting to the point, I thought that you could use it instead to control games, I.E. in a game of a beat em-up, it would be possible to kick and punch by just thinking about it. And then the moves you think, would be transferred into commands, and then put into the game.

Genius.

Once, again, hypothetically.

It would take controlling games to a new height. Instead of having the restrictions of the controller, it would be possible to duck and dodge punchs, handbags, swinging monkeys, and all sorts of head height stuff.

You could even have a rumble feature installed, but I expect there would be many deaths.

Anyway, this will happen in the future. When we all become too fat to move, and will have grown chairs out of our bottoms. So we can sit whereever we like.

Hypothetically anywhere. But of course, I expect it wouldn't be a good idea to sit on a Lions face.

Especially at that weight.

Anyway, back to the point. Again. Imagine playing a strategy game, and this is where the thing really starts to kick in.

You know when your playing a game, and you really want to send three groups of soldiers into a place from three different entry points? Then you try to do it, but as you go to move the second lot in, the first lot get stuck, and loads die, and as you go to the third, you notice the third have been killed too.

With a chip to control it, it would happen at precisly the same time. Easy.

As I said, the next level of gaming.

Mind you, it may be a bit unsafe. Of course, Nintendo would advise only first party chips to be used, and Playstation owners would get themselves chipped with a third party chip, and fry their brain.

Humm. Perhaps it's a good idea after all. :)
Thu 16/11/00 at 18:27
Regular
I new Deus Ex SDK is to be released soon! No date though!
Thu 16/11/00 at 23:50
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
A microchip in the head ???? Lets hope its not PC style technology, you'll end up with brain damage when it crashes ;-))
Fri 17/11/00 at 15:33
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Grix, that was too obvious, you have to be more subtle. For example, I have now posted 546 messages on here and won once. Funnily enough that was when I was a newbie (my 3rd day I think.)
I have a new tactic. Don't post anything! That way I have the same chances of winning, but without the effort! More genius.

By the way, the chip thing, it won't work. You'd be electrocuted everytime you went outside in the rain. This is not considered 'a good thing'. Even the 6 Billion Dollar Man only lasted a few series, then he went on the scrap heap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.