GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Basketball camp"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 21:11
Regular
Got back from basketball camp today. 6 days, residential (camp beds in an empty high school). You play basketball, you eat, and you sleep. Sometimes you listen to people talk about basketball too. And every now and then you just sit around waiting to play, chatting.

Feels so empty now.
For all the pain, aching muscles, blisters, sweat, bruises and carpet burn, i miss it already.
I've been maybe 6 times now, anually, so i know the feeling pretty well. It's usually the best week of the year, once the season ends my training turns to focus on building up to it, it takes the place (and budget) of a real holiday, i love it.
Having been so may times, as have many others, you get to know people, make good friends. For most, it'll be the only time we ever see each other. It's not just the players, but the coaches too - a lot of them anyway.

So right now i'm feeling a little flat. In time i'll start building up to next season, when hopefully i can finally get through a year without getting injured for my uni team. And eventually, it'll be time to start thinking about putting money aside to pay for next year's camp. But for now, i'm resting and reflecting.
I miss it.

Still, this year my team won it. Finally got the trophy.
After so long, and a couple of near misses, i came back having won it. And i was a leader this year. Not in scoring (well, in one game..), or in pure skills, but in spirit, hard work and attitude. It's great to know you've made a vital contribution (as had several other players, of course) to the team's success, that your place on the court counted for something.
I was nominated for the 'hustler' award (hard work, effort, scabs on knees - no jokes about sucking up to the coaches ĤO) ) again too. Didn't win it, again. But it's good to be nominated.
And it felt great. For a couple of hours. The plastic, gold-sprayed trophy showed its mould-lines and the black plastic under its shiny finish, and there was something else on the radio about the girl at the commonwealths (2 silvers and a gold in total, well done to her - i do mean that). I figured it wasn't all that special.
Like so many old people who think they're clever will tell you, it's not the destination, it's the journey that counts.

Next year is the last i'll be eligable for. I'll hate to be on the come-down after that one.
Mon 12/08/02 at 13:28
Regular
Ellesmere port, it's run by the chester jets. (They collect people from nearby train stations). Details and booking forms will probably be available next january, i expect the camp will be at the end of july again, and probably cost about £200 residential.

If you're still around the forums by january, try to find me and ask me to send you a form, if you want to go. Otherwise.. write to the jets or something.

Hope that helps.
Sun 11/08/02 at 22:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
where's this camp? i been looking for one for ages
Fri 02/08/02 at 23:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I know someone that went to Chemisrty Camp.
Hope that helps
Fri 02/08/02 at 21:11
Regular
Got back from basketball camp today. 6 days, residential (camp beds in an empty high school). You play basketball, you eat, and you sleep. Sometimes you listen to people talk about basketball too. And every now and then you just sit around waiting to play, chatting.

Feels so empty now.
For all the pain, aching muscles, blisters, sweat, bruises and carpet burn, i miss it already.
I've been maybe 6 times now, anually, so i know the feeling pretty well. It's usually the best week of the year, once the season ends my training turns to focus on building up to it, it takes the place (and budget) of a real holiday, i love it.
Having been so may times, as have many others, you get to know people, make good friends. For most, it'll be the only time we ever see each other. It's not just the players, but the coaches too - a lot of them anyway.

So right now i'm feeling a little flat. In time i'll start building up to next season, when hopefully i can finally get through a year without getting injured for my uni team. And eventually, it'll be time to start thinking about putting money aside to pay for next year's camp. But for now, i'm resting and reflecting.
I miss it.

Still, this year my team won it. Finally got the trophy.
After so long, and a couple of near misses, i came back having won it. And i was a leader this year. Not in scoring (well, in one game..), or in pure skills, but in spirit, hard work and attitude. It's great to know you've made a vital contribution (as had several other players, of course) to the team's success, that your place on the court counted for something.
I was nominated for the 'hustler' award (hard work, effort, scabs on knees - no jokes about sucking up to the coaches ĤO) ) again too. Didn't win it, again. But it's good to be nominated.
And it felt great. For a couple of hours. The plastic, gold-sprayed trophy showed its mould-lines and the black plastic under its shiny finish, and there was something else on the radio about the girl at the commonwealths (2 silvers and a gold in total, well done to her - i do mean that). I figured it wasn't all that special.
Like so many old people who think they're clever will tell you, it's not the destination, it's the journey that counts.

Next year is the last i'll be eligable for. I'll hate to be on the come-down after that one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.