GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOTR secial edition in november - out of order!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/07/02 at 12:44
Regular
Why do they have to do it huh? They are releasing a special edition with 30mins of extra footage in november, what a rip off!
Sorry if posted already, could not get the search to work.
Tue 30/07/02 at 12:44
Regular
Why do they have to do it huh? They are releasing a special edition with 30mins of extra footage in november, what a rip off!
Sorry if posted already, could not get the search to work.
Tue 30/07/02 at 14:00
Regular
They're bringing out an uncut 2 disc pack of Resident Evil later this year on R1, not that I want to buy Resi Evil it smells, but i'd be annoyed if i'd got it.
Tue 30/07/02 at 15:19
Regular
They're(who are they anyways?) also releasing a Special Edition Directors Cut of LoTR on the same day. Its a four disc set in a special box yada yada with some books ends too.
Only a snip with a RRP of 44.99(i think)
Tue 30/07/02 at 18:52
The R1 disks always seem to have more stuff on them for some reason no wonder we feel ripped off. And the special box set for LOTR is just trying to make money out of the name. I wonder if it will really be worth it though.
Tue 30/07/02 at 18:56
Regular
"That's right!"
Not long after buying The Rock, the new special edition (or whatever they're calling it) was released, with loads of features I wouldn't mind seeing. Curse them to heck and back!
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:13
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well for once I'm happy about this since I want those extra minutes of footage and already know about both releases.

However, I wasn't happy about Armageddon. I bought the single disc and then the 2 disc set was brought out. So I bought that too. I sold the single disc one for a tenner (which is more than it costs new!) to some girl who loved the cheesiness of it, so the 2 disc one didn't cost me that much.

I'm waiting for The Rock to go down in price before getting that though. They brought out 2 versions of it on DVD before the 2 disc one. Now that is out of order!!

Oh and with Seven. Grrr...
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:13
Regular
They (New Line I presume) are released 2 versions of the 4 discer. The cheaper one at about 26 quid is called The Directors Cut, and the more expensive eversion at about 32 quid is called The Collectors Edition. Both have the 30 minutes extra and all the same features, except the CE has some rather fancy bookends. Call me old fashioned, but I'm not paying extra for some bookends when I have me a good old bookcase. Therefore it's the Directors Cut for me.
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:16
Regular
Vottanator wrote:

> However, I wasn't happy about Armageddon.

--

Excellent. It was rather crap.

--

I bought the single disc and...

--

Now you've lost me...Bought Armageddon, eh? I knew you liked A.i but this...tut tut.
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:21
Regular
Sod the beardy film and Arma *sniggers* geddon, i've just found out they're bringing out a 2 disc version of Battle Royal, damn punks.

By the way why on earth did you buy Armageddon?

I walked out of that patriotic stink fest when I saw it at the Cinema. Absoloute cack!
Tue 30/07/02 at 19:37
Regular
Not that bothered about that - Battle Royale is a film that doesn't really need any extras. Perhaps a multiangle view of head-with-grenade being thrown.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.