GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wii Fit (Wii)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Wii Fit'.
Tue 06/05/08 at 14:37
"possibly impossible"
I would have liked to be in the boardroom when someone suggested to Nintendo that what they needed was to package their next ‘game’ with a set of bathroom scales.

Pushed by the wife to buy a software title for the first time (in light of her suggesting that I might lose weight with it), I got the large, hefty box home and proceeded to unwrap the Wii balance board. The board itself is a large white rectangle with two distinct sections, one for each foot. It connects wirelessly in the same way as the Wii remotes. The game takes you through the connection process before you begin and shows you how to stand on the board.

So far, so good. Now the scary part. The aim of this title is, as you may expect, to encourage you to get fitter. To do this, it first measures your BMI (Body Mass Index) with a set of questions. Once Wii Fit is done, it presents you with a description (in my case, slightly overweight) and asks you to commit to an amount of weight to lose over 3 months, should you need to.

You can then choose to follow a routine or pick and choose from the tasks on offer, unlocking new ones as you play. The yoga and exercises come with an instructor (either male or female, depending on your preference) though these are presented in silluette similar to Sega’s Rub Rabbits games. The other games are presented by Mii style characters. These yoga exercises range from easy stretching to balance positions that will have all but the most stable of us toppling over on the first few attempts. If you have an audience, they’re sure to be entertained by your first few tries.

Other highlights are jogging (where you don’t use the board, but have a Wii remote in your pocket), which is fun and you can spot other miis as you make your way through the park. Hula Hoop, which makes you look ridiculous while you wiggle those hips and football practice, which has you leaning left and right to header the oncoming balls while avoiding panda heads and football boots (don’t ask!).

The gym exercise sections really do make you feel like you’ve been to the gym and the fun games will keep you entertained in between the more serious workouts. The idea of unlocking more games as you play is pretty good as well and some of the games, such as the sliding penguin, are quite good for a pick-up-and-play session.

It’s not the most exciting package in the world and it certainly won’t replace Wii Sports, but Wii Fit does what it sets out to do, enables you to find a fun way of losing weight and keeping fit in the comfort of your own home.

8/10
Tue 06/05/08 at 14:37
"possibly impossible"
I would have liked to be in the boardroom when someone suggested to Nintendo that what they needed was to package their next ‘game’ with a set of bathroom scales.

Pushed by the wife to buy a software title for the first time (in light of her suggesting that I might lose weight with it), I got the large, hefty box home and proceeded to unwrap the Wii balance board. The board itself is a large white rectangle with two distinct sections, one for each foot. It connects wirelessly in the same way as the Wii remotes. The game takes you through the connection process before you begin and shows you how to stand on the board.

So far, so good. Now the scary part. The aim of this title is, as you may expect, to encourage you to get fitter. To do this, it first measures your BMI (Body Mass Index) with a set of questions. Once Wii Fit is done, it presents you with a description (in my case, slightly overweight) and asks you to commit to an amount of weight to lose over 3 months, should you need to.

You can then choose to follow a routine or pick and choose from the tasks on offer, unlocking new ones as you play. The yoga and exercises come with an instructor (either male or female, depending on your preference) though these are presented in silluette similar to Sega’s Rub Rabbits games. The other games are presented by Mii style characters. These yoga exercises range from easy stretching to balance positions that will have all but the most stable of us toppling over on the first few attempts. If you have an audience, they’re sure to be entertained by your first few tries.

Other highlights are jogging (where you don’t use the board, but have a Wii remote in your pocket), which is fun and you can spot other miis as you make your way through the park. Hula Hoop, which makes you look ridiculous while you wiggle those hips and football practice, which has you leaning left and right to header the oncoming balls while avoiding panda heads and football boots (don’t ask!).

The gym exercise sections really do make you feel like you’ve been to the gym and the fun games will keep you entertained in between the more serious workouts. The idea of unlocking more games as you play is pretty good as well and some of the games, such as the sliding penguin, are quite good for a pick-up-and-play session.

It’s not the most exciting package in the world and it certainly won’t replace Wii Sports, but Wii Fit does what it sets out to do, enables you to find a fun way of losing weight and keeping fit in the comfort of your own home.

8/10
Tue 06/05/08 at 23:01
Regular
"Thinking and typing"
This sounds AMAZING!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.