GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming online"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/11/00 at 14:34
Regular
I'm not the only one finding it hard and and slow working.
But shouldn't most games get support for online gaming properly.
I know most PS2 will have that, but on PC's, which are slowly losing the battle against Game Consoles, some are not getting it!

What would be nice is smooth flowing gaming with friends and people you don't even know.
Plus i would like to see fully interactive gaming, where you play your Football managing games, with full, chatting programs, to discuss deals ect. And it would have live action where you can chat to each other during a match, at half time or after it where you can meet each other in a virtual Cafe.

But this can only happen if modems get quicker, so that it will load in a flash, but there's been little development on faster modems, or else Online Gaming will not work out as well.
Sat 11/11/00 at 14:34
Regular
I'm not the only one finding it hard and and slow working.
But shouldn't most games get support for online gaming properly.
I know most PS2 will have that, but on PC's, which are slowly losing the battle against Game Consoles, some are not getting it!

What would be nice is smooth flowing gaming with friends and people you don't even know.
Plus i would like to see fully interactive gaming, where you play your Football managing games, with full, chatting programs, to discuss deals ect. And it would have live action where you can chat to each other during a match, at half time or after it where you can meet each other in a virtual Cafe.

But this can only happen if modems get quicker, so that it will load in a flash, but there's been little development on faster modems, or else Online Gaming will not work out as well.
Sat 11/11/00 at 15:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
One thing i've always hated about PC's is that no matter how much you spend on them, no matter how powerful they are, they have this tendancy to simply crash while your in the middle of a game - especially as things get pretty busy on the screen. Thats one thing i've never had to worry about with my consoles.

This especially becomes annoying on strategy games or games where you've worked hard on a level to beat it, only for the damn comp to take you back to the windows screen. You could fill a whole book and put it in volumes with the amount of different abuse i've thrown at comps for crashing after i've spent hours on a level in a strategy game.

Its about time something was done about this as its a problem thats gone on for years. I don't believe that nothing can be done about it because consoles are far from known to having that problem, they might slow down when things get too busy but a console crashing is a very rare thing. In my opinion its about time companies looked into this problem and sorted it out.
Sat 11/11/00 at 15:59
Regular
Yeah. Why aren't there 104K modems yet? Whats keeping development down?

There was a huge explosion of development ages ago, and loads of new stuff kept coming, but now everythings seemed to slow down a bit...
Sat 11/11/00 at 16:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
it's hard to improve that much, I didn't know you could get a 76kbp modem over here yet! i've been waiting for cable comunications to bring us their way of internet, the American's have it, why can't we? any microsoft seem to have all the new ideas and bring most of the technology in for our PCs, they're having a break from PCs and making stuff for their new X-Box, it has to be perfect, well i hope it is, i've only seen one game for it, and that looks crap, but it looks like a golden crap compared to anything on the PS2 so far, don't get me wrong, I like the PS2 but the games are a little shoddy so far.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.