GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop this change!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/11/00 at 18:37
Regular
I'm getting sick of this discussion board changing every other day! As soon as I get used to the new format it changes!

The worst change is displaying the newest message first! You have to go to the bottom of the page to see what it's about, scroll up to the beginning of the next message, read it and scroll down then scroll up again! It's getting on my nerves!

Ok, show the newest topic or the topic with the latest replay but showing the newest message inside a topic is really annoying!

Change is usually good but the latest change is a bad mistake!
Page:
Sun 12/11/00 at 21:10
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I agree - it's odd on. But I'm not interfering.
Sun 12/11/00 at 21:09
Regular
That message HAS to win a game unless Special Reserve [FIND IT A GREAT JOKE] and therefore [DECIDE THAT ANOTHER MESSAGE JUST HAPPENED TO BE BETTER].
Sun 12/11/00 at 20:55
Regular
Special Reserve, through their subtle genius, have implemented a "adverising filter". I.E. You can't advertise anything on here, as it will be auromatically spelt incorrectly.

Lets have an experiment.

I walked down my street, and felt like buying a PC game. Not many shops in my street, so I tried Woolworts first.
Unfortuantly, their prices were rather high, so I moved on. And went into WHSmite, and checked the prices. They were [EXTREMEMLY HIGH].

So I brought a game there. Still feeling insecure about my gaming, I continued to GAMP, to see if there were any cheap N64 games.

[THERE WERE NOT ANY CHEAP GAMES THERE.]

After coming home with my two games, I decided to look on the web, to see if there were any cheap games there, as well.

I first checked out Gimplay, and was [appaulled] at their prizes!

I decided to look around a bit more, although I knew that prices really couldn't get much [higher] than that.

I continued on, through Amozon, and [OTHER VARIOUS GAMES COMPANIES WITH HIGH PRICES].

I finally went to Special Reserve, even though their reputation for [QUALITY GAMES AT A LOW, LOW, PRICE] made me wonder why I [DIDN'T GO THERE FIRST].

As I expected, their games were priced so [LOW, SO I DECIDED TO BUY FOUR GAMES, AND ALSO PAY DOUBLE WHAT THE WONDERFUL SPECIAL RESERVE ASKED FOR, BECAUSE I LOVE THEM] and turned off the computer.

So there we have it, final proof that Special Reserve are [THE BEST GAMES COMPANY IN THE WORLD!!!]
Sun 12/11/00 at 20:53
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Body Harvest is free with SR membership at £6.99. See http://1free.co.uk
Sun 12/11/00 at 20:42
Regular
Lylat Wars, got that! Body Harvest is for sale in xchagestreet.co.uk for £8. Fair price because it's rarely found and want to get it.
Sun 12/11/00 at 20:27
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
If I remember correctly Lylat Wars was written by Argonaut Software. Jez San, who runs Argonaut, is a friend of mine harking back to the days of Firebird and Rainbird Software (in the 80's). I might be able to get youy a copy but I'm sure you would find one second hand if you tried. Lylat Wars is almost certainly out of production because Nintendo will not run anything in small batches.

I'm not likely to be here much because I'm too busy. I'm really just making sure that the changes we are making are for the better. I'm not trying to win a game and I stopped posting on this board at around 235 to avoid hitting number 250.

We are not really worried if people use more than one alias. It does not cause us a problem for the same people to win. If you advertise UKdiscusssions or UKreviews everyone would go "blah so what", but if you advertise Gameaday it's more attractive. We are keen to get public opinion on the site in the form of reviews, discussions and cheats or solutions. Once the system is bedded in I think it will get busier.

Fogmaster wrote:
> Toni Toni, I just wrote some original letters, guess I was bored
> again, just wondering if you could answer some questions, do you
> sell Lylat wars? if not then could you get a copy, nowhere I have
> been sells it, and no one on the net wants to give me an answer,
> please answer this. Secondly, you have been here for a couple of
> days now and was wondering if your here to host the site with Ali
> and Webmaster, or if you were just passing through trying to win a
> game, you read the rules(I think) so the choice is up to you. Also
> is there a way you can find out if one person has got two e-mail
> addresses and is trying to win two games from doing this? or don't
> you really care, if it happens it happens?
Sun 12/11/00 at 14:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
it seemed too fast really, it was about 220 so I thought i'd let you and tony fight it out, but I left and refreshed the page and it said it was had 245 letters, so it was quite quick for my fingers to go in write and send, or whatever, Ant have you downloaded GTA yet? if so, do you want a game?
Sun 12/11/00 at 14:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
ACTUALLY, just BEFORE I sent my message, I looked at how many messages (including the topic) had been sent, and it said 249. And Tony said mine was definitely 250.
Sun 12/11/00 at 13:05
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
yeah i get your point but that was a reply to something else you said, if you count all the way down to letter 250, it is mickey's letter that should have won, but it wasn't more than 10 words long, I know Simonsayz's letter wasn't very good but it was sort of about the future and anyway, I think Ant's letter was 249 or something, underneath the target number! UNDERNEATH, i'm not bitter though, I think someone that hadn't won as many as Ant should have got it, i'm very lucky to have one game and hopefully another in a couple of weeks.
Sun 12/11/00 at 12:17
Regular
Simple, what if someone, new who just joined come here, and happen to read the message, he writes the 250th message and wins and leaves. Who would like that?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.