GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why pick on Stallone?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/07/02 at 21:55
Regular
OK i expect this to get quite a few replies.

Why oh why oh why (spells yoyo - hehe - Soccer am will be back soon!)do people insist on jumping on the 'Lets pick on Stallones new film' bandwagon?

He is still a very talented writer and actor.

During the eighties Stallone v Scwarzenegger thing ,i always voted Stallone,as he is able to say more than ten lines per film.

I also have no difficulty understanding him ,which is another thing people take the mickey out of.

Take 'Driven' for example. What a thoroughly enjoyable action movie.

Fast car action with plenty of good noise and effects.A decent story,and a good cast.

But,no just 'cause it's Stallone,lets say the crashes are too unreal,for goodness sake,it's a movie.

Then theres D-Tox.

If this movie had starred Bruce Willis or John Travolta ,then i am absolutely certain that this would have been in the years top 10 movies.

Excellent storyline ,excellent cast so why did it only spend one week at my local cinema?

Because it starred Stallone.

Do people not appreciate this mans talent?

Why on earth does it seem that the world has turned against one of the most important figures in cinemas history?

Look what he's given us.

I'm not going to say because you already know what he's given us,and you know how influential they have been.

So why?
Mon 22/07/02 at 18:34
Regular
"Woah dude!"
A keen .astute eye/ear my friend , that's exactly what he said.

Stallone rules.
Sat 20/07/02 at 23:12
Regular
"not dead"
"Don't push it" :o)
Sat 20/07/02 at 21:29
Regular
"Woah dude!"
Thanks for the support mate,i was beginning to think that no-one had any sense;-)

*Say's with tongue in cheek*

If you stand up for Stallone - Say......

"Don't push me."

Which ,incedently,he never actually said ,but hey.....
Sat 20/07/02 at 20:13
Regular
"not dead"
Well happen I saw D-Tox last night, and it was surprisingly good, for what it was.

I'm a fan of the "there's a killer on the loose and it could be any one of us!" type films. I like the death scenes, the way they lead you to believe that it was a different character, and the OTT endings, and this was a very good one.

Stallone is good in it, especially in the first half an hour, before it all gets a little formulaic.

I mean yeah, he does make bad movies, his comedies have been poor, and Over The Top was a terrible, terrible movie, but there HAVE been very good films. The Rocky movies are great, well at least the first two, the others have their moments, but fall short. Rambo is a classic, and many of his other movies are watchable action movies.

So yeah, why pick on Stallone, there are far worse culprits out there.

Schwarzeneggar, in my opinion, has been in worse movies. I'm not sure that The last Action Hero could ever be forgiven, and add Twins and Junior into that, and it's looking bad. His recent action movies have been really, really poor too, and I cringe when I see him as Mr Freeze.

But again, like Stallone, there are good times. Terminator, Total Recall, but honestly, in my opinion there are less highlights than in Stallone's career.

I'm glad I rented D-Tox, and anyone that's into that type of movie wouldn't regret it either.
Tue 16/07/02 at 09:21
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
simon45 wrote:
> I think you'll find that he's laughing at you my friend.

Really, when was that? I dont remember meeting Stallone let alone him laughing at me.
Mon 15/07/02 at 21:06
True story but a friend of mine who live in the USA has met Sly and she says he is self centered who thinks everyone else around is there to serve him what a goit.
Mon 15/07/02 at 21:02
Regular
"Woah dude!"
I think you'll find that he's laughing at you my friend.
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Wayne62 wrote:
Stallone can turn his hand to most genres,action,comedy,thriller,drama.

I agree, Stallone is a funny man...shame we're laughing at him and not with him.
Mon 15/07/02 at 20:36
Regular
"Woah dude!"
Hey wayne62 - are you sure you are not me in disguise, you the man!
Sun 14/07/02 at 23:18
Regular
Stallone's a big tard, end of discussion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.