GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mark Speight"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/08 at 19:51
Regular
"I like turtles"
I have to say,Really saddened to hear this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7346909.stm

The guy clearly didn't feel he could go on and if he felt this was his only way out that is just dreadful.Whatever happened in his flat that night between him and his fiancee was their own private business in my opinion.That said,that was certainly an incident people should take serious warning from.My daughter grew up watching him and over the past few years I have watched her clearly fully enjoying his madcap style of presenting.I often thought,Who is that fool ?.Only now,upon reflection do I realise how good he was at his job.I hope in time he is at least remembered for that.RIP.
Mon 14/04/08 at 19:51
Regular
"I like turtles"
I have to say,Really saddened to hear this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7346909.stm

The guy clearly didn't feel he could go on and if he felt this was his only way out that is just dreadful.Whatever happened in his flat that night between him and his fiancee was their own private business in my opinion.That said,that was certainly an incident people should take serious warning from.My daughter grew up watching him and over the past few years I have watched her clearly fully enjoying his madcap style of presenting.I often thought,Who is that fool ?.Only now,upon reflection do I realise how good he was at his job.I hope in time he is at least remembered for that.RIP.
Mon 14/04/08 at 22:07
Regular
"eat toast!"
yes, hes dead. Tragic stuff. But what miffs me as to how come it took them 6 days to find him dead in paddington station. Especially in a busy train station.
Tue 15/04/08 at 10:16
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Yeah, heard about that the other night. Kinda gave a nasty tang on the tip of my tongue when I heard about it though. Feels as though a part of my childhood has gone :(
Tue 15/04/08 at 12:54
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Brings back a lot of memories. Especially the celebrity edition of Get Your Own Back he appeared on, and I think he was on the really early, fantastically daft SMTV as well?

Shame that he went that way, really... but it was in a rarely-used part of the station (Offices of some sort that are hired out?), well away from anyone, so at least large numbers of people didn't have to see this rather nasty end to a life.
Tue 15/04/08 at 15:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
spoonbeast wrote:
> But what miffs me as to how come it
> took them 6 days to find him dead in paddington station.
> Especially in a busy train station.

He was on the roof. Quite how he got on the roof is another matter.
Wed 16/04/08 at 11:36
Regular
"What's basketball?"
R.I.P Mark.

He used to be such a nice man as well. He was the best drawer out of the smART team.

:(
Wed 16/04/08 at 12:12
"possibly impossible"
El Viking wrote:
and I think he was on
> the really early, fantastically daft SMTV as well?

Yes, he had that strange partially plastic looking wig and chin like they have in Lazytown.

He was very good on Smart and the younger version as well, a born entertainer. It seems so often that these children's entertainers and comedy people have tragic lives.
Sat 26/04/08 at 15:33
"i suck them all day"
still cant believe he is gone,, he was a great presenter on SMart,, i wish his family all the best,,

RIP Mark

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.