GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"M&M's Kart Racing"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/08 at 00:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
M&M’s Kart Racing

Your poor mother bought this game for my timid little brother when she went to the Supermarket in Los Angeles on her trip to America on a work holiday because she thought he would like it, as his favourite thing to eat is M&Ms. My brother’s DS is broken, though, because he took it with him on a school trip to Chalk Farm and he dropped it on a paint can, which cracked the hinge so it doesn’t work anymore. Also I threw it off a bridge because I hate him. So he gave his games to me and this is one of the games. I wasn’t sure what to think when I saw the box because although it is called Kart Racing, obviously like Mario Kart Racing for the Sega Genesis I thought perhaps it wasn’t the same game. I remember when I was younger a lot of games were made about sweets. Captain Haribo’s Brain Haemorrhage Adventure was my favourite game when I was a child. I didn’t know the Haribo kid was a captain but apparently he was in the Gestapo. Also perhaps my memory is fuzzy and it wasn’t about the Haribo kid at all. Nevermind, there were definitely games about junk food mascots in the middle of the 90s, but I hadn’t seen one for such a long time I thought perhaps I’d give this game two out of ten.
I think instead of M&M’s Kart Racing this game should be called Captain Egg’s Motorised Speed Capped Vehicle Challenge, because the characters in the game look like eggs, not M&Ms. Also I don’t think ‘Kart’ is an actual official description of an item or object and also perhaps it’s a registered trademark. If it is then this game is illegal. That’s why I’d change the name. Also if I was in charge of this game I would have thrown it off a bridge or set it on fire or gassed it or something. One thing that really gets my goat in a game is when there aren’t enough witty one liners. As my friend hermid said “Ignoring the fact that this game makes no effort to get me to buy confectionary treats, M&M's Kart Racing is just a plain bad racer. Oh sorry, make that a "Milk Chocolate" bad racer.” That’s a witty one liner, like the M&Ms are known for, but in this game there is none of that, which made me angry.
The two reasons you shouldn’t buy this game are that when you turn the camera doesn’t move until you’ve stopped turning so if you want you can just drive off the screen. The other reason is that you can barely see twelve feet in front of you in case there’s a bridge or something you wouldn’t ever know. There isn’t a story either but that’s ok I guess cause who ever heard about a story about some candy? The Gestapo probably.
This game is awful don’t ever buy it 4/ten.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 14/04/08 at 00:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
M&M’s Kart Racing

Your poor mother bought this game for my timid little brother when she went to the Supermarket in Los Angeles on her trip to America on a work holiday because she thought he would like it, as his favourite thing to eat is M&Ms. My brother’s DS is broken, though, because he took it with him on a school trip to Chalk Farm and he dropped it on a paint can, which cracked the hinge so it doesn’t work anymore. Also I threw it off a bridge because I hate him. So he gave his games to me and this is one of the games. I wasn’t sure what to think when I saw the box because although it is called Kart Racing, obviously like Mario Kart Racing for the Sega Genesis I thought perhaps it wasn’t the same game. I remember when I was younger a lot of games were made about sweets. Captain Haribo’s Brain Haemorrhage Adventure was my favourite game when I was a child. I didn’t know the Haribo kid was a captain but apparently he was in the Gestapo. Also perhaps my memory is fuzzy and it wasn’t about the Haribo kid at all. Nevermind, there were definitely games about junk food mascots in the middle of the 90s, but I hadn’t seen one for such a long time I thought perhaps I’d give this game two out of ten.
I think instead of M&M’s Kart Racing this game should be called Captain Egg’s Motorised Speed Capped Vehicle Challenge, because the characters in the game look like eggs, not M&Ms. Also I don’t think ‘Kart’ is an actual official description of an item or object and also perhaps it’s a registered trademark. If it is then this game is illegal. That’s why I’d change the name. Also if I was in charge of this game I would have thrown it off a bridge or set it on fire or gassed it or something. One thing that really gets my goat in a game is when there aren’t enough witty one liners. As my friend hermid said “Ignoring the fact that this game makes no effort to get me to buy confectionary treats, M&M's Kart Racing is just a plain bad racer. Oh sorry, make that a "Milk Chocolate" bad racer.” That’s a witty one liner, like the M&Ms are known for, but in this game there is none of that, which made me angry.
The two reasons you shouldn’t buy this game are that when you turn the camera doesn’t move until you’ve stopped turning so if you want you can just drive off the screen. The other reason is that you can barely see twelve feet in front of you in case there’s a bridge or something you wouldn’t ever know. There isn’t a story either but that’s ok I guess cause who ever heard about a story about some candy? The Gestapo probably.
This game is awful don’t ever buy it 4/ten.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.