GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Big Day..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/04/08 at 11:48
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Hey all :D

I've not done too much updating recently, or much else for that matter, so thought I'd spam you all some more :) As you may or may not be aware, mine and many other people's big day (the Flora London Marathon) is already upon us, and will be kicking off tomorrow morning around 9:45ish. There's going to be much chaffing, much pain, and much fun, I'm really looking forward to it, and actually can't wait, it's going to be an awesome day, no matter what happens!

Thank you very much to everyone who has sponsored me thus far, and for all the support, I greatly appreciate it! It's not too late to show your support and help my worthy charity, Get Kids Going! If you have any spare money at all, even just a couple of £s, please visit my online support page at http://www.justgiving.com/simon-hughes

It's going to be my mission to get on TV tomorrow one way or another, so if you are watching, keep an eye out, I will be wearing a white charity tshirt with a long sleeve bright yellow top underneath...probably like everyone else ¬_¬ and I'll be near the back! Check out my page for a mug shot so you know what to look out for :p

Just getting my stuff all packed, ready to head off to London now, staying at a hostel tonight and tomorrow night after the event so bye for now, and thank you all again for the support! If I make it through tomorrow, I will post some pics and my finishing time in the next week or so when I'm able to move again :|
Thu 17/04/08 at 18:42
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Ladybird wrote:

> Aww, thank you Vexxxed! :) I agree that running in all that
> body armour is insane! Especially that it isn't really cut for a
> female's figure, but that's a different post.. :P It's good to
> train in, because you feel supersonic when you take it off. It
> feels almost like you can do effortless back flips and cartwheels
> and stuff.

Hmm, yeah, you certainly got it tough with all that stuff you gotta carry. I've often thought about joining the army just for the first few weeks of training to get me into a super fit state, but I don't think I would be able to handle it! In the words on the oh so mighty Tim...were I wearing a hat then I would be taking it off.

But I'm not.

So I won't. :) hehe.

I'm guessing you're on leave at the moment then with these sudden posts?
Thu 17/04/08 at 18:37
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Ah wicked, cheers very much indeed pb. Very kind :)
Thu 17/04/08 at 17:18
Regular
Vexxxed wrote:
> Welcome back Ladybird :) Glad to hear you're doing OK with your
> training still! I saw a number of Marine Commando chaps running
> the marathon in full battle gear, body armour the lot, and they
> are insane! Hard enough in shorts, t-shirt and trainers!!! I
> don't envy you there having to do all that long marching,
> especially in boots :|

Aww, thank you Vexxxed! :) I agree that running in all that body armour is insane! Especially that it isn't really cut for a female's figure, but that's a different post.. :P It's good to train in, because you feel supersonic when you take it off. It feels almost like you can do effortless back flips and cartwheels and stuff.
Thu 17/04/08 at 16:10
"possibly impossible"
Right, finally got around to putting a donation down on your site, sorry it took so long!
Thu 17/04/08 at 09:37
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Good idea Chaos :D I can just see that happening now :p

I don't think I saw any chargers Tim :( but I expect the ambulance crews have some sockets n such, if not we can push you around :D

Cheers Grix :)
Thu 17/04/08 at 09:35
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Welcome back Ladybird :) Glad to hear you're doing OK with your training still! I saw a number of Marine Commando chaps running the marathon in full battle gear, body armour the lot, and they are insane! Hard enough in shorts, t-shirt and trainers!!! I don't envy you there having to do all that long marching, especially in boots :|
Wed 16/04/08 at 21:31
Regular
Vexxxed wrote:
>
> In all my days of 23 odd years, I can happily say my legs have
> never been so achey, along with every other muscle and joint in
> my body.

Aww.. You know, I can say the same thing about how I've been these past several weeks, going through all that rigorous combat training..

The longest event I did was a 17K foot march in full "battle rattle." That's dressed and hauling over 50 pounds of equipment on my person. The day after we did a 10K, to a location deeper into the woods to play laser-tag war games. I had blisters up the wazoo. Good times.

My knees usually start aching two miles into a run, so I applaud you for accomplishing such an astonishing feat! I hope you're feeling better soon Vexxxed!! :)
Wed 16/04/08 at 21:15
Regular
I'd like to do this one day, but nope, completely unfit at the moment.

Congrats again Vexxxed, personal achievements are pretty awesome
Wed 16/04/08 at 15:55
Regular
"Twenty quid."
My chair will only do 22 miles so I'd need to recharge part-way round.
Wed 16/04/08 at 15:03
Regular
"Mooching around"
McLong wrote:
> Chaos is joking, aren't you Chaos??

Somewhat =D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.