GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aliens, there is or not life out there.. and AREA 51"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/07/02 at 11:51
Regular
For some reason, I just kinda believe there is something or thing that is out there. I may or may not say there is definetly life in space, but there is something.

Staying on the subject, there probably more universe's and planets AND life out there. There has been suspicians there has been life out there coming here.

Area 51? Heh, heh, heh, probably a base in Nevada, kept out the map. A military base full of unexplained things...hmmm.

I can't definetly prove there is something there. I ain't a space wizard or a geek. What ever it is.... its there! Maybe...not. Comments?
Tue 02/07/02 at 19:47
Did anyone look at my Tomb Raider view for Area 51? geez, I like to say other things too about it.

Well, only one. If you do or will go to Blackpool, or you stay there, there is an Alien Exhibition beside Sea Life and near Coral Island. I've been there before.
Tue 02/07/02 at 15:13
"Darkness, always"
Going out that far and finding ANY life is a lifetime achievement. Finding a habitable planet, even that far out, would be a great prospect for the entire human race. Imagine, the prospects for colonisation, resource mining, even resource discovery and environment testing. The possible gains for mankind are effectively limitless.

If we can cross the stars, however long it takes, we must do so.
Tue 02/07/02 at 15:08
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The thing is that even if it were possible to travel at half the speed of light, you would have to be extremely confident that the location you are travelling to contains sentient and intelligent life. Imagine undertaking a 50 year journey only to disover a that the only two living species on the planet were giant elephants and a liberal supply of dung beetles!

Our solar system is just too insignificant to bother with....

And besides some humans never bother to leave the town they are born in or never travlel to another country. Maybe Aliens will be just as apathetic as they are.
Tue 02/07/02 at 12:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I dont trust any man that can't tie his shoelaces.

"I can see for miles and explain anti-matter theory"
"That's nice spakky, I can scratch my face and eat peanuts. Let's see which is more useful"
Tue 02/07/02 at 11:41
"Darkness, always"
Personally, I'm convinced that travel in excess of light speed is possible.

Besides, you don't need to travel that fast. It's quite concievable for a more advanced society to manage travel at half the speed of light, so an expidition to our planet wouldn't be so completely out of the question. It would be a sixteen year round trip, but there are hundreds of thousands of people on this planet who would sacrifice 16 years of their lives to visit another solar system, and I doubt very much that if anyone else had the technology, that they would hesitate using it to explore.

It may be that we will be the first to develop such technology, and the capacity to power it, which will make us the explorers and unifiers of solar systems. If light speed cannot be exceeded, it can be approximated. This may rule out exploring the galaxy, but certainly allows us to take a look at our own little fringe of the milky way.

As for "little grey men", I don't see why so many people are ready to knock this theory down. If evolution theory is correct (assume for now that it is) it has been predicted than our evolutionary path will make us look much like these little grey men have been depicted as. Why? Well, things like the appendix and wisdom teeth slowly evolving out of us thin our frame and our jawline. Our increased capacity for self-protection through technology requires a less present physical appearance, and our increased reliance on brain power and hand/finger/thumb dexterity will all pull us in the direction of that image.

Perhaps we haven't been visited by little grey men, or perhaps we have. Our shape has survived because it has the right combination of abilities to help us adapt. Is it so inconcievable that on other life bearing planets this evolutionary pattern could have been duplicated? I don't think so. Think about how useful our form is, and it only makes sense that any race capable of exceeding our achievements will take a similar form, albeit superior in some aspect.

And Hawkins may have said that any race advanced enough to get here would have killed itself, but he's also the person who was quoted as saying that socks get lost in washing machines through small undetectable singularities and are lost forever. Yeah, I believe everything that man says...

IB
Tue 02/07/02 at 11:15
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Given that our next nearest Star is 4 light years away (one that feasibly has life bearing planets) and it would take 4 years to travel there at the speed of light (which is impossible- the velocity required to accelerate a mass to this speed would mean that the “space ship” would stretch to infinity); you could assume that no Alien life form is going to spend Aeons travelling from the other side of the galaxy just to check out our insignificant Sun.

The Universe is just too big and difficult to travel through. There is a remote possibility of encountering an Alien robot probe (like the ones we use) but this is very very unlikely. Maybe if one was attached to a comet (Haley’s) there is a chance of making contact but again unlikely.

We are destined to spend eternity alone even if there are zillions of E.T’s out there we will never meet them.

What amuses me is the stereotypical claims made by people who have seen an Alien or UFO.

In the 1950’s the B-movies used flying saucers to represent space craft as it was the easiest thing to do. However this set a precedent and everyone seems to think that Aliens would use these types of craft. Most films do little to dissuade us from this idea. Now if someone sees a UFO it is a “flying saucer” containing grey thin humanoids (as if) who spoke to them “without words”.

No.

I think it was Hawkins who said that any civilisation that becomes technologically advanced enough to travel through space has probably blown itself up by now.

I rest my case.

And the only planet we have ever inhabited is this one.

Just look at the fossil record and the other overwhelming evidence....
Tue 02/07/02 at 10:36
Do you think that we lived on another planet thousands of years ago, then transported here to live in this one? I'm only coming up with ideas.
Tue 02/07/02 at 10:34
Yes, there is life out there, that are probably more advanced than us......
Tue 02/07/02 at 10:31
I have decided to look of some of your replies and I think they are inetersting.

Yes indeed, there is an Area 51 with heavily guarded miisiles, security, guards and all kinds of hi-tech security, n' stuff.

Did Tomb raider 3's Area 51 look the same is today? It is or, probably similar.
Mon 01/07/02 at 17:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> The wierdest thing I ever saw was a Russian experiment into developing
> what they called a "Death-Ray". I think the idea at the time
> was to produce some form of nerve shattering light beam. like a laser
> crossed with a lethal nerve gas agent. Would be interesting...

Yeah maybe, until you get shot with it. That is a cruel sounding weapon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.