GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""BLAND TURISMO 3""

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 22:01
Regular
About 2 weeks ago now I read a review on Gran Turismo 3 and I decided to buy it. It got 90% across the board and I had never played the previous games before, so it was a new experience for me.

From the opening scene I was very impressed. Graphically it was a masterpiece. The cars were astonishing and the tracks were out of this world but I was not happy. Here’s a few points explaining why I felt stupid after buying it:

1.No damage! How can it be called the real driving simulator if the cars don’t get a single scratch when smashing into a wall at 100mph!

2.The under parts of the cars are just plain old black.

3.There’s no fun in the multi player option just the I- link which, I’m sure, nobodies going to use it unless they’re stupidly rich.

I’m sorry to have to moan if you people like the game, but I just feel it wasn’t worth the 40 quid I forked out.

Does anyone feel the same way about the game?
Fri 05/07/02 at 22:18
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Major Chip Hazard wrote:
> Yes i did why?

I was just wondering thats all. Well done on getting it printed.
Fri 05/07/02 at 20:52
Regular
Thats just what I came in to say! Well done on getting your letter printed, but sorry it didn`t get "star letter".
Fri 05/07/02 at 08:08
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
Yes i did why?
Thu 04/07/02 at 22:28
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Refering to the origanal post:

Did you send this into PSM2 this month as I bought it today and there was a topic in it that a reader had sent in, and it was almost identical to this one, even had the same title.
Wed 26/06/02 at 18:48
Regular
Almost every review of GT3 I have read has given the game more than 90%. In fact, I can only think of one that didn`t. Anyway, with that many "informed opinions" pointing that way, it shows that the game is popular amongst most people. There are certainly those who aren`t such big fans, (some of them have already posted below) but the majority think its one of the best games on PS2.

I paid £-10 for it, and it was erm, worth every penny? Well, anyway, I love it, and its probably my second or third favourite game of all time. It can be boring if you just drive it, but in every race, you don`t have to just go round the corners, you can try to go round the corners perfectly. There is something really satisfying that only GT possesses found when you take a corner perfectly, getting the best exit speed, whilst keeping tyre wear low, and entry speed high etc...

First off, take the game back if only to get £20 back, if the receipt is dated, I`m sure you can figure something out, and if you still hate the game at that point, take it back completely. It is after all your choice.
Tue 25/06/02 at 23:42
Regular
teams not 'temas'
Tue 25/06/02 at 23:38
Regular
yes and no.

Touring car teams and rally temas license the image of their cars for rally gammes and touring car games. These are similar to the road cars made by major manufacturers, but these similarities are purely cosmetic.

Its kinda implicit in these sports that the cars get ripped to bits, and since the showroom cars aren't having their copywrighted images dented, they probably let it slide.
Tue 25/06/02 at 23:35
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Get MSR and only then will you see driving perfection.

He is right! MSR is the best racing game ever and nothing touches it. Here's one reason why (GT fans take note): It's FUN!
Tue 25/06/02 at 23:16
Regular
Get MSR and only then will you see driving perfection.
Tue 25/06/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Do rally games have lisences to use the cars. If so, why do rally games (decent ones with official cars in them) have damage on them but the GT series doesnt. Surely the same lisence agreement should be met.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.