GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Phantom Menace"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 21:54
Regular
Entering the cinema, the adrenalin started to pump. The expectation and anticipation had reached breaking point. Taking my seat I sat back and realised that the wait was almost over. I had been strong, incredibly strong in fact. The previews had past and I waited. The opening weekend had passed and I had waited. Two more weeks passed but no longer could I wait, the force had overcome me, I was being drawn to the dark side. And as I sat in the cinema, now only half full I envisaged the packed and noisy cinema audiences that had sat in these seats before me, the annoyance of the popcorn being rustled, the toilet breaks, and the inconsiderate whisperings to the elderly grandmother who was partially deaf. I began to think that I had done the right thing. Maybe waiting was the right option, maybe it had been worth it. I had a back row seat, no obstructions between me and the screen. Eagerly I waited for the adverts to start. Then the unthinkable happened.
BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it any wonder that DVD is set to become more popular than the cinema. While the blame cannot be placed on the child who caused me so much grief in my option its parents should be imprisoned for crimes against the cinema going public. What was the management thinking? Obviously some bright spark on the front desk thought “Ah a baby, they will love the loud bangs and crashes, it won’t make them cry at all”.
As you may have already guessed this angered me slightly. Not because this almost ruined the opening half of the film, not because the parents were only too happy to shake a rattle constantly to make the baby quiet (“Dhh helllllllllo!”), but because this wasn’t just any run of the mill blockbuster. No. The baby in question, before its thoughtful removal by it parents halfway through the film, almost destroyed my enjoyment of Attack of the Clones. And boy was the force strong in the lungs of this one. Luckily this is the first time that I have ever had any problems at my local cinema but it just goes to show that something has to be done to ensure that movie lovers get a fair deal. Going to the cinema should be a social event, but a quiet one. Fortunately this was not enough to destroy the experience but after the wait I did wonder why bother. The people that had booked seats in the busy first two weeks would have been far more respectful of others.
Mon 24/06/02 at 21:54
Entering the cinema, the adrenalin started to pump. The expectation and anticipation had reached breaking point. Taking my seat I sat back and realised that the wait was almost over. I had been strong, incredibly strong in fact. The previews had past and I waited. The opening weekend had passed and I had waited. Two more weeks passed but no longer could I wait, the force had overcome me, I was being drawn to the dark side. And as I sat in the cinema, now only half full I envisaged the packed and noisy cinema audiences that had sat in these seats before me, the annoyance of the popcorn being rustled, the toilet breaks, and the inconsiderate whisperings to the elderly grandmother who was partially deaf. I began to think that I had done the right thing. Maybe waiting was the right option, maybe it had been worth it. I had a back row seat, no obstructions between me and the screen. Eagerly I waited for the adverts to start. Then the unthinkable happened.
BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it any wonder that DVD is set to become more popular than the cinema. While the blame cannot be placed on the child who caused me so much grief in my option its parents should be imprisoned for crimes against the cinema going public. What was the management thinking? Obviously some bright spark on the front desk thought “Ah a baby, they will love the loud bangs and crashes, it won’t make them cry at all”.
As you may have already guessed this angered me slightly. Not because this almost ruined the opening half of the film, not because the parents were only too happy to shake a rattle constantly to make the baby quiet (“Dhh helllllllllo!”), but because this wasn’t just any run of the mill blockbuster. No. The baby in question, before its thoughtful removal by it parents halfway through the film, almost destroyed my enjoyment of Attack of the Clones. And boy was the force strong in the lungs of this one. Luckily this is the first time that I have ever had any problems at my local cinema but it just goes to show that something has to be done to ensure that movie lovers get a fair deal. Going to the cinema should be a social event, but a quiet one. Fortunately this was not enough to destroy the experience but after the wait I did wonder why bother. The people that had booked seats in the busy first two weeks would have been far more respectful of others.
Tue 25/06/02 at 11:18
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I agree 100%. I often go to my local cinema in the afternoon to avoid the throng but am always mortified by people's inability to remain quiet for 2 hours or more. What is worse is when people sit there tutting or making "funnies" or generally ruining the film by making the "well I don't think THAT would happen" type of remarks.

Going to the Cinema used to be an event, now it becomes an exercise in humility and self-restraint.

DVD is great but I don't think that a 32" Widescreen T.V and 5.1 speaker set up (which is the most common Home Cinema I think) can compare with a 40foot super sharp screen that makes your eye box goggle and THX surround sound that makes your ears bleed with Aural joy and happiness.

My INFRA-RED evil stare that penetrates the darkest depths of any Cinema will be in full force when LOTR II come out.
Tue 25/06/02 at 11:45
Regular
"That's right!"
Beefcake wrote:
> making the "well I don't think THAT would happen" type of
> remarks.

-----

Whoops, my two mates and I talked through loads of The Patriot, basically it was me saying "That didn't happen" or "That wouldn't have happened" everytime a historical error occurred. No-one minded, well, at least I don't think they did, no-one threw their popcorn at us or anything...
Tue 25/06/02 at 15:09
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Ah the Patriot, fair game. I don't like films where there has been a blatant attempt to re-write history!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.