GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gran turismo 3 (anything about the greatest racing game of all time should be written here)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 19:31
Regular
i know that i am kinda obsessed bout gt3, but i just thot i would see what other think the best cars are. my best ten are:

1 - any of the formula one cars, theyr all pretty damn good

2 - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car

3 - Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car

4 - Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II(R34)

5 - Escudo (Pike's peak version) i dont know bout this one. great top speed, pretty good acceleration, but it handles like a big tree rolling down the hill.

6 - Gillet Vertigo Race Car (my favourite! bought 3 for no reason at all)

7 - Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca

8 - Mazda 787B

9 - Castrol MUGEN NSX GT Car

10 - Toyota Castrol Tom's SUPRA GT Car
Tue 09/07/02 at 18:22
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ps2_proud wrote:
> well, i wont even consider trying to figure that out when taking a
> hairpin turn at 200km/h

Hey, just use it on the max speed test bit.
Tue 09/07/02 at 11:00
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The "F1" cars don't exist in real life. This is a big disappointment, as the guy behind GT always said he wouldn't allow the player to customise the car colours, because it would remove the authenticity. So then they go and put in fictional racing cars???

This is specific to the European version. In America and Japan there were 6 real F1s - they weren't given their real names but a code which told you the year, manufacturer and driver. Senna's 94 Williams was in there, for example.

The two cars in our version are hybrids of these six with the colours and liveries changed.
Tue 09/07/02 at 00:57
Regular
When I first got my playstation 2, Gran Turismo and Z.O.E. were the games I got with it. And to be truthful, i found that Z.O.E. was the much better game except for its length. It was way too short and that's what really annoyed me.

GT3 though bored me for the first couple of months but I stuck at it. But after buying Grand Theft Auto 3, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, Silent Hill 2 and Max Payne, Gran Tursmo found its place at the bottom of my pile.

But in the last week, I lifted my control and started it again. This time though, I tried to see all its good sides and am really enjoying it. It would have been even better If I had recieved my 'Logic 3 GTO Steering Wheel' but then I got banned for being bold.

eh.. I dont know where this is leading so I'll rap it up. GT3 is a great game for petrolheads but with ToCA Race Driver coming along, GT3 might have to be named 'The Second best real Driving Simulator'

P-PS2
Tue 09/07/02 at 00:54
Regular
all you do is take the speed displayed, times it by the precise perpendicular trajectory of the 8th moon around saturn, and finally divide it by the age of your cat, to give an answer which should be rounded to 4 significant figures.

the best car of course is the escudo
Tue 09/07/02 at 00:49
Regular
Jimpy wrote:
> You cant change the speedo type.
> If you really want to know what your speed is though, take your speed
> in kilometers per hour and, multiply it by 5, then divide your answer
> by 8. This will give you your speed in miles per hour.

well, i wont even consider trying to figure that out when taking a hairpin turn at 200km/h
Mon 08/07/02 at 19:47
other cars that i am looking for are the Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car which i had in my last file, but when i restarted it i cant find it. the viper gts-r concept i also difficult to find, and the arta nsx.

What is everyones favourite rally car? i personally like the ruf ctr2 and the fto lm edition. if you want a challenge, try a motorsport elise on tahiti maze. i got 2.06.288 as a time, and another difficult one is the ruf rgt on tahiti maze - 1.59.435.

does anyone have the car prize list, so i dont need to ask you, i can find it on me own? ta
Thu 04/07/02 at 23:09
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I would say they were more like Formula 3 cars, but hey, who really cares about that.
Thu 04/07/02 at 23:03
DeltaJava wrote:
> So wait, these are Polyphony cars which look like F1 cars, but aren't?

yeah, they ar basically oldish formula 1 cars, but another crafty liscensing scam by sony calls them "Polyphony001" and "Polyphony002"

you can get them pretty early, in the super speedway endurance. less than an hourof driving in a circle, i did it with my 3rd car, a nissan skyline with bout £100,000 of modifications on it - 1018hp. its one of the prize cars. f1 cars are amazing - the handling, 790 hp(up to 829 with an oil change) and can absolutey trash other cars with them excaapt thmselves. only downside - you cant buy tyres, they are ftted with medium tyres and you cant buy others
Thu 04/07/02 at 22:55
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
DeltaJava wrote:
> So wait, these are Polyphony cars which look like F1 cars, but aren't?

Yip. I think.
Thu 04/07/02 at 22:52
So wait, these are Polyphony cars which look like F1 cars, but aren't?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.