GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My England Team for 2004"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 14:04
Regular
I think that we need to revert to a 3-5-2 formation as this allows us to put more quality into the team. This system ensures we have a solid three in the centre of midfield and ensures that we will have a left footed player down the left. Ferdinand would make a superb sweeper.

Goal Keeper: Paul Robinson. Has looked fantastic when in goal for Leeds. Needs to play now in order to gain the invaluable experience that goalies require. Other countries have no qualms about putting in young keepers.

Sweeper: Rio Ferdinand. Who better to marshall a back three?

Centre back: Jonathan Woodgate/Wes Brown or John Terry. One of these players will come through. The other two will be on the bench perhaps.

Centre back: Sol Campbell. Solid, a threat from set pieces.

Left Wing back. Ashley Cole. V.Athletic, terrific going forward.

Right Wing Back. David Beckham. Yes, I know (controversial)! I think his crossing and stamina mean he would be an awesome wingback. We need him in the team and I've got the midfield filled. Which brings me to.

Midfield: Steven Gerrard. England's best midfielder.

Defensive Midfield: Michael Carrick. He never gives the ball away, is composed and very assured. Brooking rates him above Cole. Who just happens...

Attacking midfield: Joe Cole. It's about time we had a uber-skillful player in the team. He could become our Ronaldhinio, minus the teeth.

Forward: Michael Owen. Obviously.

Forward: Micheal Bride. Was injured last season but the previous season banged in 20 goals 4 Leeds. Plays "in the hole" and was oft compared to a certain Bergkamp. Good in the air, even better on the ground, will emerge as the saviour of English football. Maybe. Well he'll look better than Emile.

No room for Dyer, Hardgreaves, Bowyer, Scholes or Heskey, Fowler or Defoe. These players would make a formidable bench when you add the two centre backs who miss out (see above) and another keeper.
Mon 24/06/02 at 14:04
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I think that we need to revert to a 3-5-2 formation as this allows us to put more quality into the team. This system ensures we have a solid three in the centre of midfield and ensures that we will have a left footed player down the left. Ferdinand would make a superb sweeper.

Goal Keeper: Paul Robinson. Has looked fantastic when in goal for Leeds. Needs to play now in order to gain the invaluable experience that goalies require. Other countries have no qualms about putting in young keepers.

Sweeper: Rio Ferdinand. Who better to marshall a back three?

Centre back: Jonathan Woodgate/Wes Brown or John Terry. One of these players will come through. The other two will be on the bench perhaps.

Centre back: Sol Campbell. Solid, a threat from set pieces.

Left Wing back. Ashley Cole. V.Athletic, terrific going forward.

Right Wing Back. David Beckham. Yes, I know (controversial)! I think his crossing and stamina mean he would be an awesome wingback. We need him in the team and I've got the midfield filled. Which brings me to.

Midfield: Steven Gerrard. England's best midfielder.

Defensive Midfield: Michael Carrick. He never gives the ball away, is composed and very assured. Brooking rates him above Cole. Who just happens...

Attacking midfield: Joe Cole. It's about time we had a uber-skillful player in the team. He could become our Ronaldhinio, minus the teeth.

Forward: Michael Owen. Obviously.

Forward: Micheal Bride. Was injured last season but the previous season banged in 20 goals 4 Leeds. Plays "in the hole" and was oft compared to a certain Bergkamp. Good in the air, even better on the ground, will emerge as the saviour of English football. Maybe. Well he'll look better than Emile.

No room for Dyer, Hardgreaves, Bowyer, Scholes or Heskey, Fowler or Defoe. These players would make a formidable bench when you add the two centre backs who miss out (see above) and another keeper.
Mon 24/06/02 at 21:54
There is a problem you telling us all this........you arent the England manager!!!
Tue 25/06/02 at 11:38
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Oh yeah. Still I'm sure he often visits this site and so he will probably decide to use my ideas as the nucleus of his next squad.
Tue 25/06/02 at 15:52
"Darkness, always"
I've yet to see Joe Cole do anything exciting in an England shirt, i really don't know what all the fuss is about.

The likes of Scholes, Butt and Beckham are essential in midfield, and without them, the argentina game would have gone very differently (for the worse) without them there.

However, our defensive options have never looked better.

Personally, I expect (much to my own dismay) to see the likes of David James in goal (so I won't bother watching the tournament, since I hate seeing appalling goalkeeping errors like Barthez on a bad day, only every time he gets the ball...), which is our only real defensive weakness.

Midfield I expect to see Becks, Butt and Scholes, along with a host of different attempts to fill that left position.

Up front, Owen and... err.... anyone other than heskey...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.