GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"They're coming home...they're coming home"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 11:00
Regular
Deal with it.

I take it everyone will be removing their flags from the car and homes, even though we are still England?

Go Brazil - you played much better than England and your goalkeeper isn't stupid.
He was almost crying, in front of millions of people.
Pansy
Sat 22/06/02 at 13:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The Jocks Rule wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> Since when have we EVER called ourselves Jocks???
>
> I'm sorry, what would like to be called? :-}

---

Something other than that.

:D
Sat 22/06/02 at 11:42
Regular
Were Through,
Were Through,
We through to the losers changing room,
Were through....

:)
Sat 22/06/02 at 11:36
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
What in the hell is going on with the refereeing in this World Cup?!

Players being booked for diving when they are blatently taken down and other players getting away scot free for making blatent diving attempts. I mean Beckham's attempt for a penalty in the Brazil game was terrible. He actually jumped through the air, the stupid retard.

And some of the decisions made by linesmen have been shocking! That's both Italy AND Spain out now because of a stupid linesman. I wonder whether half of them even know the offside rule. And as for that ball being out in the Spain game.....!

South Korea must be paying off the oficials. They were fairly beaten by Italy except the linesman didn't understand the offside rule. They were perhaps (but not certainly) fairly beaten by Spain but the ball was
said to be out. And as for the penalty shoot out, I could not believe they let that Joaquin guy take that penalty! His shooting and passing throughout was poor, even if he did have great speed and skill. Mendietta should have taken it and then ONCE he had scored, Joaquin could have taken the next one.

Korea will make it into the final now. I can't see Germany beating them to be honest and with the ref on their side, it should be no problem for them.

I think I'll have to cheer myself up by watching the England game again. I recorded it on both ITV and the BBC actually. I watched it live on ITV since I despise John Motson but I think I'll watch the BBC version now just to see the 'analysing'. Hopefully it'll be Hanson, Ian Wright and Peter Schmeichal. Schmeichal can rip it out of Wright now and he won't be able to handle it. But what can he do about it? Schmeichal could crush him with his thumb!
Sat 22/06/02 at 00:58
mcg_highlander wrote:
> was it just me or did everyone else notice that there were just as
> many union jacks as there were english flags?
>
> correct me if i am wrong but england is only 1 of the four countries
> associated with that flag. so why were they being display? Britain
> wasn't in the world cup!

I think you may find the Union Jacks were out for the Jubilee whereas the Cros of St George (the England flag) was for the World Cup however that could lead to an interesting point, what about a Great Britain team.
Sat 22/06/02 at 00:55
AfroJoe wrote:
> Since when have we EVER called ourselves Jocks???

I'm sorry, what would like to be called? :-}
Sat 22/06/02 at 00:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Since when have we EVER called ourselves Jocks???
Fri 21/06/02 at 23:54
I am a Jock in England and was enjoying supporting them, England that is, throughout the World Cup (hey, WE couldn't get there, again.)but I am embarressed that as soon as it all goes wrong everyone is quick to jump on the 'Doom and Gloom' bandwagon.

I think England performed admirably and should receive more credit for the fact they did get as far as they did. I remember after a certain result in Wembley against Germany where everyone had written off Englands hopes of even getting to the World Cup.

Well done England and Portugal here we come. 2004.
Fri 21/06/02 at 23:09
Regular
look u can't blame just one player remember when we attacked Beckham back in 98....
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:41
Regular
"Bobba you"
Jez13 wrote:
> ®eDdY²°°2 wrote:
> I never thought i'd say this but well said Jez!
>
> Why did you never think you'd say it? Whats wrong with me?

Cos you used to spam, but now your ok. :)
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:34
®eDdY²°°2 wrote:
> I never thought i'd say this but well said Jez!

Why did you never think you'd say it? Whats wrong with me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.