GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid buses"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/06/02 at 12:15
Regular
I now have to wait 40 bloody minutes before I can go home. 40 minutes. But not because a bus was late, that would be too easy for Stagecoach, but because the bus was early. I was walking over to the bus-stop, where to my horror I saw the bus there a staggering 20 minutes early, and it left before I made my way across the road.

Stupid buses, at least they used to be dependably late, now you can't even count on that.
Tue 18/06/02 at 12:15
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I now have to wait 40 bloody minutes before I can go home. 40 minutes. But not because a bus was late, that would be too easy for Stagecoach, but because the bus was early. I was walking over to the bus-stop, where to my horror I saw the bus there a staggering 20 minutes early, and it left before I made my way across the road.

Stupid buses, at least they used to be dependably late, now you can't even count on that.
Tue 18/06/02 at 12:27
"Darkness, always"
Yes, of course it was the bus that was early. Nothing to do with the driver at all.
Tue 18/06/02 at 12:28
Regular
so what?
Tue 18/06/02 at 12:30
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
It might have been a driverless bus, but I wouldn't know because I only saw the back of it flying away into the distance... evene if it was the driver he probably missed a stop or something because buses are never early.
Tue 18/06/02 at 12:57
Stagecoach are a joke.

I always try to get to my bus stop at least 10 minutes early, but the bus is always 20 minutes late.

You just know the one time I turn up late, it will be early.

Ho hum.
Tue 18/06/02 at 13:02
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
and remind me again.
what has this got to do with the future of gaming?
Tue 18/06/02 at 13:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Mandatare wrote:
> and remind me again.
> what has this got to do with the future of gaming?

What have you got to do with the future of gaming? Eh?
Tue 18/06/02 at 13:16
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Mandatare wrote:
> and remind me again.

Directly, this has no effect on the future of gaming, but it has affected the "future" of Mr Happy's gaming as he has now lost 40 mins of possible gaming time...

Though not directly affecting the future of gaming, this could lead onto to unknown knock-on effects causing great pardoxial rips to appear in the space time fabric of gaming all beacuse Stagecoach were early, an event which could also effect life as we know it...

As all this is only relevant to the individual, it would have no effect on all of us apart from Mr Happy unless we pass to closely to him and get caught up in his "loss of gaming due to stagecoach" event horizon at which point it would effect the "future of Gaming" for all of us...:-)

I rest my case...
Tue 18/06/02 at 13:22
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Snuggles I see you are exercising your divine right to use italics again!
Tue 18/06/02 at 13:29
Regular
"Selected"
Tyla wrote:
> Mandatare wrote:
> and remind me again.
>
> Directly, this has no effect on the future of gaming, but it has
> affected the "future" of Mr Happy's gaming as he has now
> lost 40 mins of possible gaming time...
>
> Though not directly affecting the future of gaming, this could lead
> onto to unknown knock-on effects causing great pardoxial rips to
> appear in the space time fabric of gaming all beacuse Stagecoach were
> early, an event which could also effect life as we know it...
>
> As all this is only relevant to the individual, it would have no
> effect on all of us apart from Mr Happy unless we pass to closely to
> him and get caught up in his "loss of gaming due to
> stagecoach" event horizon at which point it would effect the
> "future of Gaming" for all of us...:-)
>
> I rest my case...

But in that case, isn't only the past effected? After all, he did lose 40 minutes, not gain them. Unless he went back in time, told himself to hurry up then came back foward in time to meet himself again. Then that would effect the future of gaming. Especially for him were he would then be able to play 2 player games with his former self.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.