GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Fatigue"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/11/00 at 22:51
Regular
I know this isn't the right forum to write about this game but i tried putting it on the review page and it isn't listed for me to add a comment and i can't seem to put it as a new subject so i might as well write it on here ;-)) Mind you, with half the topics covered on this forum this won't look too out of place ;-))
Anyway, I've been playing Metal Fatigue for the whole day and its such a great game ! What gives it something different from other strategy games is that you play it over 3 levels :-) Besides the usual ground level which most strategy games stick to, you also fight underground and in the air which gives you other options to plan around :-) There are air units that can switch between ground and sky levels so that if your stuck on either one, you can still fight your way back into the game. There are also drill units that create openings to the underground and can burrow through the underground walls to make more space for a base.
On one single player mission, I took control of the ground level and managed to take control of the air too, but because i didn't do much with the underground, the enemy had managed to build a good defence which took awhile to break down. I had plenty of Mechs built up but they couldn't fight underground so i had to switch tactics to the smaller units such as tanks.
Another excellent thing in the game is that during fights, your Mechs can damage enemy Mechs, making parts fall to the ground. Once you have a chance, you can send a hover craft to the battlefield and salvage these parts. These salvaged parts can then be researched and added onto newly built Mechs :-)
Once you have a few different parts you can make some really awesome Mechs !
There are also 3 different types of resources you can mine which are Lava, Steam and Solar Energy - this makes getting control of the different levels even more important. I found that the solar energy tended to be the best as it always brang in constant cash whereas lava can run out for certain periods of time as you mine it.
The unit number seems limited when compared with games such as C&C, but the real fun comes when your building your own Mechs and that brings out a more varied number of units as each body part tends to have certain functions. Some will give the Mech a longer range of view, others will have missle attachments, etc.
I think this game is great and i'd give it 8/10. Hopefully other companies may start to use this 3 level idea and maybe even improve on it :-)
Overall its a very addictive game and well worth the £19.99 i payed for it :-)
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 03/11/00 at 22:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I know this isn't the right forum to write about this game but i tried putting it on the review page and it isn't listed for me to add a comment and i can't seem to put it as a new subject so i might as well write it on here ;-)) Mind you, with half the topics covered on this forum this won't look too out of place ;-))
Anyway, I've been playing Metal Fatigue for the whole day and its such a great game ! What gives it something different from other strategy games is that you play it over 3 levels :-) Besides the usual ground level which most strategy games stick to, you also fight underground and in the air which gives you other options to plan around :-) There are air units that can switch between ground and sky levels so that if your stuck on either one, you can still fight your way back into the game. There are also drill units that create openings to the underground and can burrow through the underground walls to make more space for a base.
On one single player mission, I took control of the ground level and managed to take control of the air too, but because i didn't do much with the underground, the enemy had managed to build a good defence which took awhile to break down. I had plenty of Mechs built up but they couldn't fight underground so i had to switch tactics to the smaller units such as tanks.
Another excellent thing in the game is that during fights, your Mechs can damage enemy Mechs, making parts fall to the ground. Once you have a chance, you can send a hover craft to the battlefield and salvage these parts. These salvaged parts can then be researched and added onto newly built Mechs :-)
Once you have a few different parts you can make some really awesome Mechs !
There are also 3 different types of resources you can mine which are Lava, Steam and Solar Energy - this makes getting control of the different levels even more important. I found that the solar energy tended to be the best as it always brang in constant cash whereas lava can run out for certain periods of time as you mine it.
The unit number seems limited when compared with games such as C&C, but the real fun comes when your building your own Mechs and that brings out a more varied number of units as each body part tends to have certain functions. Some will give the Mech a longer range of view, others will have missle attachments, etc.
I think this game is great and i'd give it 8/10. Hopefully other companies may start to use this 3 level idea and maybe even improve on it :-)
Overall its a very addictive game and well worth the £19.99 i payed for it :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.