GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo and Sega sitting in a tree, Making a lovely RPG!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/11/00 at 22:31
Regular
I can't remeber where I heard this but it's going to be a joint effort by Sega and Nintendo and will appear on both the Gamecube and Dreamcast and will feature characters from both companies. Expect Donkey Kong to throw barrels at Dr Robtnic and Sonic to be Spinning into Bowser!

Err, this might not be 100% reliable though...
Sun 05/11/00 at 16:55
Regular
Sega's factions include the masterful Sonic Team (creators of Burning Rangers, Nights and, although not many people know this, they made Sonic games too!)

The Sonic Team have broken away to create for other systems as well as the DC. Expect to see Sonic on the Gamecube and Xbox. Sorry future PS2 owners, the Team decided Sony's new console is too hard to make games for!
Sun 05/11/00 at 16:44
"possibly impossible"
I believe that Sega do have divisions that make games, and yes, I also read that bit in Official Dreamcast Magazine Bluebeetle, although it was only a small reply in the corner of the letters page.

However, if I'm wrong you can correct me, but Sega would not admit to working with other companies to make games if they didn't actually make games in the first place.
Sat 04/11/00 at 14:45
Sega don't make games, Nintendo do, would Sega have bought people in for the one job?
Good rhyme Dan_Uk, clever, very clever.
Sat 04/11/00 at 10:28
Sega have just confirmed this by answering an email in ODM by stating that there are absolutely no plans to work with Nintendo. And that's a Sega official's answer (is that your FINAL answer? - Chris Tarrant)

Oh well, it may still happen in the future.
Fri 03/11/00 at 22:50
Regular
Played FIFA? 2001s' out soon, waste of money though.......
Fri 03/11/00 at 22:48
Regular
Never mind, atleast we can expect great games like Sonic on the Gamecube!
Fri 03/11/00 at 22:45
Regular
Yes! Read this off gameplay:

Turns out they're not sitting in the tree

Excitement shot across the web like a thunderbolt over the weekend at the news that Sega and Nintendo would be forming a joint company. Thought it seemed a little too good to be true at the time, gamers were hoping the two companies would be mixing up their creative juices to create some amazing software.

Turns out it was too good to be true as IGN picked up today. They noticed Japanese games mag Famitsu printed an article clarifying the matter though how the real story got mixed up in the first place boggles the mind. It turns out Sega will be working with a company who worked with Nintendo in the past.

Oh well, not this time but who know what the future holds
Fri 03/11/00 at 22:41
Regular
Never mind...

... Are you SURE that it DEFINATELY won't happen?
Fri 03/11/00 at 22:32
Regular
Wrong it's not happening.........but on Digi they said making games instead of Hardware might be better.
Fri 03/11/00 at 22:31
Regular
I can't remeber where I heard this but it's going to be a joint effort by Sega and Nintendo and will appear on both the Gamecube and Dreamcast and will feature characters from both companies. Expect Donkey Kong to throw barrels at Dr Robtnic and Sonic to be Spinning into Bowser!

Err, this might not be 100% reliable though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.