GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The journey of a band!"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/06/02 at 20:28
Regular
Back in February 2001, two young boys listening to Metallica suddenly started talking about how cool it would to be in a band. SO, on a spure of the moment desicion, we decided to form a band. I would be a guitarist and he was the drummer. We then got excitied about the idea and so got the drummers little brother as the rhythm guitarist. Then we asked around for a vocvalist and shure-enough, we got one. All we needed now was instruments, a bassist and talent!

Me and the other guitarist get guitars fairly quickly. The drummer can't afford one (plus he is a lazy so-and-so as you'll find out later) and our vocalist refuses to sing publicly, so he gets fired.

A blonde, curly, 4-eyed geek joined the band as the new vocalist. The drummer still without a drumkit, so we just had guitar and vocal practises. We managed to play some songs but not well. Also, the name Enraged is decided upon.

A bassist is found in October 2001 and the band seems finally completed...

Our drummer finally gets his drumkit and after 2 months, can't seem to manage to grasp the concept of a 4-way beat. Also our singer refuses to buy a £10 microphone despite his $500 bank account. So, due to his lack of talent and him being cheap, he gets fired.

Then, a new vocalist is found and the band sets a playlist to work on for any gigs in the future. This consisted of a weird variety of songs!

The drummer and m,yself now fell out and so, the band split up and reformed under the same name by me.
The rest of the band join again with me and a new drummer is found istantly.

The band books a place at a local recording studio for practice. Less than 24 hours before it, our singer pulls out to reveal he cant sing. We go to the practice vocalistless.

A new singer is found and the playlist is changed once again, this time towards a more punk genre. He is really bad and is fired after one practice.

Our 5th singer is now found who seemed like our best so far. I finally arrange a gig at a local church hall where we play with 2 other bands. We also are invited to play along side another band at Strawberry fields in glasgow. SO we set a new playlist and we get to work. Then our bassist quit! We get a new bassist in time for the gigs but the guitar timing was shocking. We get rid of the other guitarist now. So after a year and 3 months, im the only original member.

The bands name changes from Enraged to WasteChain to Broken Relics.

We done the first gig at Strawberry fields and we seemed pretty good. We got our set recorded and sell CD's for £1. The next gig is 3 days later. We play it!

Our singer left after the second gig and so did our bassist. Me and the drummer look towards each other and we both said "Flip it".

So here i am now, in a band called Nostalgia! http://www.nostalgiaonline.s5.com . go see if you want. real name: jon stewart!

Thank-you for reading~!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 16/06/02 at 20:28
Back in February 2001, two young boys listening to Metallica suddenly started talking about how cool it would to be in a band. SO, on a spure of the moment desicion, we decided to form a band. I would be a guitarist and he was the drummer. We then got excitied about the idea and so got the drummers little brother as the rhythm guitarist. Then we asked around for a vocvalist and shure-enough, we got one. All we needed now was instruments, a bassist and talent!

Me and the other guitarist get guitars fairly quickly. The drummer can't afford one (plus he is a lazy so-and-so as you'll find out later) and our vocalist refuses to sing publicly, so he gets fired.

A blonde, curly, 4-eyed geek joined the band as the new vocalist. The drummer still without a drumkit, so we just had guitar and vocal practises. We managed to play some songs but not well. Also, the name Enraged is decided upon.

A bassist is found in October 2001 and the band seems finally completed...

Our drummer finally gets his drumkit and after 2 months, can't seem to manage to grasp the concept of a 4-way beat. Also our singer refuses to buy a £10 microphone despite his $500 bank account. So, due to his lack of talent and him being cheap, he gets fired.

Then, a new vocalist is found and the band sets a playlist to work on for any gigs in the future. This consisted of a weird variety of songs!

The drummer and m,yself now fell out and so, the band split up and reformed under the same name by me.
The rest of the band join again with me and a new drummer is found istantly.

The band books a place at a local recording studio for practice. Less than 24 hours before it, our singer pulls out to reveal he cant sing. We go to the practice vocalistless.

A new singer is found and the playlist is changed once again, this time towards a more punk genre. He is really bad and is fired after one practice.

Our 5th singer is now found who seemed like our best so far. I finally arrange a gig at a local church hall where we play with 2 other bands. We also are invited to play along side another band at Strawberry fields in glasgow. SO we set a new playlist and we get to work. Then our bassist quit! We get a new bassist in time for the gigs but the guitar timing was shocking. We get rid of the other guitarist now. So after a year and 3 months, im the only original member.

The bands name changes from Enraged to WasteChain to Broken Relics.

We done the first gig at Strawberry fields and we seemed pretty good. We got our set recorded and sell CD's for £1. The next gig is 3 days later. We play it!

Our singer left after the second gig and so did our bassist. Me and the drummer look towards each other and we both said "Flip it".

So here i am now, in a band called Nostalgia! http://www.nostalgiaonline.s5.com . go see if you want. real name: jon stewart!

Thank-you for reading~!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.