GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dead or Alive 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dead or Alive 4'.
Sun 27/08/06 at 22:47
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Does anyone else play this online??

It's a truely great beat-em-up, and I'm addicted to playing it on Live. This is what console online gaming was designed for.

:)
Mon 28/08/06 at 14:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea like someone said on Gamefaqs, if the computer decides it's going to win a round then it's going to win a round and you can't do anything to stop it. Pretty poor but ah well
Mon 28/08/06 at 08:58
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Yeah, you're pretty much screwed if they ever get a handle on you and start grappling you all over the shop. The trick I find is to catch them as soon as they appear, and keep pummling them into the sides.

Two or three combos of that is normally enough to finish someone off.

Mon 28/08/06 at 00:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just up to 17 at the moment after one day of play, Bass or LeiFeng always seem to whoop me by throwing me into the electric ropes and knocking almost half my health out and i can never recover, few more days practicing with Christie and i should get that Bronze medal, 20 win achievement though
Sun 27/08/06 at 23:57
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Ayane is my fav character to play as online and win with. Christie and Hitome are also some of my favs.

I like to try and use Random when playing online though, stops you getting bored with using the same people over and over again.

How you getting on in Survival mode? Think my highest win count is about 40 in single and tag modes. Ranked about 4000 and something in the world on both.

Sun 27/08/06 at 23:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Christie is probably my favourite character, been playing Survival mode today and was knocking out 11 hit combos with her. Her and Jann Lee are probably my favourites to play as

Alpha can be easy or extremely cheap, she seems unable to block punches so i just go into cheap mode and combo up the punch button until she goes down. However if she catches you off guard then BAM a third of your health is gone. I hate how beat em up's do that. Instead of having ultra cheap bosses, how about just making it a fairer fight. Tekken 5 was the worst for that, 2 attacks and you were done
Sun 27/08/06 at 22:51
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
When you first start playing, the game is hard as nails in story mode. You do eventually get better though. But if you get to Alpha 152, that remains near impossible for absolutely AGES!!!

I also find in story mode, that round 5 is one of the hardest rounds to win. It's like they up the difficulty for that one fight for some mystical reason.

But it's a superb game!!

Sun 27/08/06 at 22:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Got it on Friday, just been playing the story modes and survival, not really a beat em up fan but i do like the DOA and VF series. The AI though seems to be really cheap and able to counter a bunch and even on normal difficulty the computer busts out 10 hit combos. But then like i say i'm not really an avid beat em up player so maybe it's just me :-D
Sun 27/08/06 at 22:47
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Does anyone else play this online??

It's a truely great beat-em-up, and I'm addicted to playing it on Live. This is what console online gaming was designed for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.