GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your favourite multiplayer game"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/06/02 at 19:48
Regular
Games are usually better when played against your mates. I have a few great ones : Unreal Tournament, Red Alert 2 (and Yuris Revenge), Grand Theft Auto 2, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter etc. Can any of you lot recommend a few I might have missed, as I'm getting bored of the above ones, and may have to leave my house and get a job like everyone else, if I can't find a substitute.
Fri 21/06/02 at 12:29
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm not sure about other service providers, I know most of them have these deals now where they fit the modems at half price. I didn't realise it was so expensice to install broadband, I'm sure it only cost me £40 for my cable to be installed.

I never did any shopping around for broadband, so I don't know who out of freeserve or BT offer the best deal. If you want some opinions on which service provider is the best, you could always ask other users on these forums. Go to the Future of Gaming forum and post a thread asking exactly the same questions you have been here. That'll probably help you more in choosing the right service provider.
Fri 21/06/02 at 11:41
Thanks cipro however not being a telewest customer what else is good? BTopenworld looks good however I'm concerned about the installation fees. Freeserve were offering £60 off reducing to about £70, I think.
Fri 21/06/02 at 11:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The Jocks Rule wrote:
> I'm getting married in 4 weeks time and after I get that huge
> expenditure out of the way I may invest in Broadband, anyone got any
> ideas who gives the best deal.

I have broadband, from telewest (but they call it Blueyonder). Anyway, it's great, LAG has been greatly reduced on most games, and though it still present, it's not enough to hamper gaming.

The package cost me £25 a month, which I can easily afford, however, this is only because we have telewest cable TV downstairs, and unless your an existing telewest customer, it will cost somewhere in the region of £33.
Fri 21/06/02 at 11:12
Like 'Cookie Monster' I have also tried to play UT on the net however the lag is awful and I keep getting killed by unknown assailants therefore I must agree with hobo (sorry mate, Hobbo, I couldn't do it to you) that LAN must be the best way to play multi-player games.

I'm getting married in 4 weeks time and after I get that huge expenditure out of the way I may invest in Broadband, anyone got any ideas who gives the best deal.
Fri 21/06/02 at 10:26
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Hehe, I play over LAN, and I find UT to be the most rewarding game I have ever played. With four human team-mates against four inhuman AI bots, your enjoyment increases tenfold. Especially if you win. :]
Fri 21/06/02 at 00:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I love the C&C games, ive played online with Unreal tournament only 2 times, since im using a 56k i find the lag unbelievably bad.
Thu 20/06/02 at 10:43
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
I can't believe you tired of Unreal Tournament, I still play it nearly every day and it just gets better.
Wed 19/06/02 at 21:39
Castle Wolfenstein is good for multi-play and obviously MOH.AA always rocks
Wed 19/06/02 at 15:45
"Darkness, always"
StarCraft Broodwar and Star Trek Armada (I and II)
Wed 19/06/02 at 14:16
Soldier of Fortune, Ghost recon, Quake 3 :) cant wait till i get hold of a copy of SOF II. Wish Project IGI was multiplayer too :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.