GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue again!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/11/00 at 15:46
Regular
I've just seen the article in ODM on Shenmue and seen the footage on the disc. All I can say is please hurry up 1st December! Jaw dropping is not the word, it's unbelievable. I'm going to have to buy a copy, it is the essential Dreamcast game for this year.

All of that and I'm just getting over how great MSR is, at least I'll have something that will last me until Shenmue arrives in the shops. Wow, this is turning into the best christmas ever. Even Jet Set Radio is looking like a must-get game. My wallet is looking very scared at the moment!
Sun 30/03/08 at 12:17
Regular
A bit of fun on the Player Profile page. Cryptic clues to the squads identities . . . Can you sort them out?
Sat 04/11/00 at 10:24
I've had a smile on my face ever since I bought my Dreamcast. That's not to say that I'm biased against other systems, I have a N64 and I will eventually get a PS2 when I can afford it. But right at this moment I have a nice selection of top quality games which I am constantly playing, and I think it's the first time that I've had a console where I haven't wanted to resell any of my games after a couple of months. Even the original line-up that appeared near the start of the DCs life is still excellent now.
With MSR coming soon, courtesy of Gameaday, I'm looking forward to christmas too, and I encourage anyone to buy or at least play on a Dreamcast, it's my favorite console so far.

(and I'm not being paid by Sega either...)
Fri 03/11/00 at 22:42
Regular
Actually if you think about it nintendo and Sega will compete with Sony still!
Nintendo's releases range from 50+ games, including the likes of TWINE, Ogre Battle (a RPG!), Conkers BFD, Rush 2049, BAnjo Tooie and Zelda 2. There's even more set for release for the machine and some that have already come out in America, so if you say it's dead it's not.

And the Dreamcast none other than ShenMue is coming out, and Sega GT and the great MSR.
So can they compete with Sony's pressure cooker?
YES!
Fri 03/11/00 at 22:36
Regular
Shenmue was the game that got me interested in the Dreamcast.

But that's not why I'm buying one. :)

You see, after learning of Shenmue, and discovering what an absolutely amazing game it was, I start looking for other games on the system, to see if anything more appealed to me.

There is a very good range of games on the Dreamcast, even better than the PS, I think. The only thing it is lacking is Strategys, but then Age of Empires 2, (A great game, I will add.) is coming to the Dreamcast.

You've made a wise choice FanasyMeister.
Fri 03/11/00 at 21:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
And by 'your opinions' I mean all of you, not just Y2, by the way.
Fri 03/11/00 at 21:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Yep, ok, I'm converted, I just put a Dreamcast onto my shopping list. (I already have the PS2 US version, and a PS, and a Gameboy, so that shows the power of recommendation for you.)
Believe it or not, with all the reviews and hype in the press, all the TV marketing, all the billboard ads, I actually trust your opinions on here more than the blurb of the manufacturers themselves. And you lot haven't let me down yet, so thanks.
Fri 03/11/00 at 21:28
I think that Shenmue will possibly be the best game ever after 10 years in the making
Fri 03/11/00 at 19:24
Regular
I think sega's losing a bit of patience with the dreamcast.
Fri 03/11/00 at 19:14
Regular
"Whatever!"
After playing Metropolis Street Racer yesterday I didnt believe any game could get better than that. But got the Official DC Mag this morning and after watching the demo with in game footage it looks like we have a new winner. SHENMUE looks ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!! This has to be the most amazing game ever created. Its not just about how it looks, as it was always going to be the best looking game ever, but reading the review it sounds like it could very well rule your life (for a while anyway).
I just cannot wait till this game is released, and as yet there hasnt been any word about delays (just keep fingers crossed). Role on December 1st!!! And as you say with MSR just been released, Jet Set Radio looking pretty damn fine, UFC, Quake III and Half Life just around the corner, this will be the bestest Christmas ever!!!
Fri 03/11/00 at 15:46
"possibly impossible"
I've just seen the article in ODM on Shenmue and seen the footage on the disc. All I can say is please hurry up 1st December! Jaw dropping is not the word, it's unbelievable. I'm going to have to buy a copy, it is the essential Dreamcast game for this year.

All of that and I'm just getting over how great MSR is, at least I'll have something that will last me until Shenmue arrives in the shops. Wow, this is turning into the best christmas ever. Even Jet Set Radio is looking like a must-get game. My wallet is looking very scared at the moment!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.