GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Instant Sites - Search Engine tips"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/03/08 at 17:02
"Are you sure?"
Search Engine optimisation tips for Freeola Instant Sites
There are lots of factors that decide on your Search Engine placement here are some of the basics to get you started tailored for your Instant Site.

Page Settings - in your Instant Site
As with all web sites the page 'title' is very important to search engines. With your Freeola Instant site you can check and edit your page titles by going to edit your chosen page and clicking the 'Page Settings' option at the top of the window (right hand side).

In the option box that opens enter a relevant description to your site and the page's content in the Edit Title Header box.

People often just use 'Home' and 'about us' etc. - this means they are missing out one of the most important optimisation improvements you can make!

In the same 'Page Settings' option box you can also add relevant Keywords and Descriptions. Keywords are just a list of terms relevant to the page, and the Description should summarise the page. Keeping these keywords and descriptions relevant to each page and not just duplicating them throughout the site also helps.

The 'page name' is also important to search engines.
As the Instant Site uses the page name to build the navigation links you have to be a bit careful here.
Ideally the page name should contain terms relevant to the content on the page for best results.
You can also break up the page name using '_' (underscores). You can't use '-' (hyphens) for Instant Sites, if you do they are removed from the page name but used in the page link.

Remember you don't have to have all your pages linked in your main navigation. So there is nothing to stop you from using 'quality_blue_widgets' etc. as a page name - which works well with Search Engines!

Hovering over the 'i' icons gives you more info from Freeola on all these items.

The thing to do it to keep things relevant to the actual page content and not get too spammy!

Images
When you add an image to a page - use the 'Mouseover Keyword Text' to add more keywords (this produces the image ALT tag).

Search Engines can't 'see' what's in an image so need this text to have something to index. You can edit your image ALT tags by selecting 'Image Properties' in the menu displayed when you right-hand click an image.

When your site is complete remember to add it to Freeola's Customer site listings - this gives the Search Engines a quality link to follow to find your site.

Finally - be patient!
It can take some weeks for your site to be indexed and then months before you start performing well in the results.

My Freeola Instant Site
Mon 18/10/10 at 09:30
"Are you sure?"
I've just pointed a couple of Freeola users that are trying to improve their InstantPro Search Engine placings to this post.

Since I put together my initial SEO tips (for Instant Sites - now Instant Pro Website Builder) Freeola have put together an SEO tutorial: SEO with InstantPro that explains things nicely.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Fri 20/03/09 at 14:44
"Are you sure?"
jobel602 wrote:
> Hi,
> How do I link my thumbnail pics to larger pics
>
> Thanks

Hi jobel602,
Probably best to start a new thread for a new query rather than tag it on to an open unrelated thread ;¬)

There are lots of ways to link thumbnails to larger images - from basic links through to popups or lightboxes.

Have you an idea how you would like it to work?

NB. If you are using Freeola's InstantPro site builder then there is also a built in Gallery facility based on a lightbox script but without having to implement your own code.

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 19/03/09 at 21:18
Regular
Hi,
How do I link my thumbnail pics to larger pics

Thanks
Fri 28/03/08 at 17:02
"Are you sure?"
Search Engine optimisation tips for Freeola Instant Sites
There are lots of factors that decide on your Search Engine placement here are some of the basics to get you started tailored for your Instant Site.

Page Settings - in your Instant Site
As with all web sites the page 'title' is very important to search engines. With your Freeola Instant site you can check and edit your page titles by going to edit your chosen page and clicking the 'Page Settings' option at the top of the window (right hand side).

In the option box that opens enter a relevant description to your site and the page's content in the Edit Title Header box.

People often just use 'Home' and 'about us' etc. - this means they are missing out one of the most important optimisation improvements you can make!

In the same 'Page Settings' option box you can also add relevant Keywords and Descriptions. Keywords are just a list of terms relevant to the page, and the Description should summarise the page. Keeping these keywords and descriptions relevant to each page and not just duplicating them throughout the site also helps.

The 'page name' is also important to search engines.
As the Instant Site uses the page name to build the navigation links you have to be a bit careful here.
Ideally the page name should contain terms relevant to the content on the page for best results.
You can also break up the page name using '_' (underscores). You can't use '-' (hyphens) for Instant Sites, if you do they are removed from the page name but used in the page link.

Remember you don't have to have all your pages linked in your main navigation. So there is nothing to stop you from using 'quality_blue_widgets' etc. as a page name - which works well with Search Engines!

Hovering over the 'i' icons gives you more info from Freeola on all these items.

The thing to do it to keep things relevant to the actual page content and not get too spammy!

Images
When you add an image to a page - use the 'Mouseover Keyword Text' to add more keywords (this produces the image ALT tag).

Search Engines can't 'see' what's in an image so need this text to have something to index. You can edit your image ALT tags by selecting 'Image Properties' in the menu displayed when you right-hand click an image.

When your site is complete remember to add it to Freeola's Customer site listings - this gives the Search Engines a quality link to follow to find your site.

Finally - be patient!
It can take some weeks for your site to be indexed and then months before you start performing well in the results.

My Freeola Instant Site

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.