GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"(Film) Gone Baby Gone (2007)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/03/08 at 23:12
Regular
"I like turtles"
Ben Afflecks impressive directorial debut was originally shelved in the UK due to similarities between its storyline and the Madeleine McCann case.It is currently due to hit UK cinema's early June 2008,I saw it on a US region 1 DVD.In reality apart from the obvious connection being that it based around a young girl's abduction there is little else in common with that horrendous case to be honest.That said,The actress who played the little girl in this film does actually look very like Madeleine.

Upon watching this film there are 2 massive shocks in store for you:

1. Ben (Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you !!) Affleck does a more than passable job on his directing debut.He handles the difficult subject matter admirably.He keeps the atmosphere gritty,realistic and generally gripping throughout without descending into overly dramatic (where's my oscar ?) outbursts or over the top Seagal style action sequences.Yet throughout the film you never seem to stop caring.

2.Casey Affleck.Before I had watched the film I had my own intuitive feeling on how he landed the role !!!.I was in for another shock care of the Affleck family.His performance in this film is superb.Bearing in mind he is sharing the screen with the likes of Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman he never looked out of his depth.He plays one of the private investigators hired by the missing girls family to find her.As he starts enquiring he justs draws nothing but dead ends,No one seems to have any clue as to what has happened to her.His portayal of the characters seeming inability to deal with this is what in my view holds this film together.

I not saying Ben Affleck is the new Martin Scorsese.However having never been a fan of his acting (apart from in Kevin Smith's films where he pretty much played himself !!),I am now really interested in seeing what he directs next.

8.5 out of 10 Well worth seeing in my opinion.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 27/03/08 at 23:12
Regular
"I like turtles"
Ben Afflecks impressive directorial debut was originally shelved in the UK due to similarities between its storyline and the Madeleine McCann case.It is currently due to hit UK cinema's early June 2008,I saw it on a US region 1 DVD.In reality apart from the obvious connection being that it based around a young girl's abduction there is little else in common with that horrendous case to be honest.That said,The actress who played the little girl in this film does actually look very like Madeleine.

Upon watching this film there are 2 massive shocks in store for you:

1. Ben (Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you !!) Affleck does a more than passable job on his directing debut.He handles the difficult subject matter admirably.He keeps the atmosphere gritty,realistic and generally gripping throughout without descending into overly dramatic (where's my oscar ?) outbursts or over the top Seagal style action sequences.Yet throughout the film you never seem to stop caring.

2.Casey Affleck.Before I had watched the film I had my own intuitive feeling on how he landed the role !!!.I was in for another shock care of the Affleck family.His performance in this film is superb.Bearing in mind he is sharing the screen with the likes of Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman he never looked out of his depth.He plays one of the private investigators hired by the missing girls family to find her.As he starts enquiring he justs draws nothing but dead ends,No one seems to have any clue as to what has happened to her.His portayal of the characters seeming inability to deal with this is what in my view holds this film together.

I not saying Ben Affleck is the new Martin Scorsese.However having never been a fan of his acting (apart from in Kevin Smith's films where he pretty much played himself !!),I am now really interested in seeing what he directs next.

8.5 out of 10 Well worth seeing in my opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.