GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Demo-Disks! :-("

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/06/02 at 16:50
Regular
That's right, we're not gonnag et any from NOM or any other mag. Shiggy says that he doesn't want players to get a false impression of a game.

Head over to cube-europe.com for more info.

Dammit, I really wanted demos for the GC.
Sun 09/06/02 at 16:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
That's right, we're not gonnag et any from NOM or any other mag. Shiggy says that he doesn't want players to get a false impression of a game.

Head over to cube-europe.com for more info.

Dammit, I really wanted demos for the GC.
Sun 09/06/02 at 16:57
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
We don't take kindly to bearers of bad news around here. :0)

Ah well, we will just have to think up some brilliant reason to why this isn't happening and how it will benefit us in some way so are ready to counter attack none Ninty fans as soon as they get a wiff of this.
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I was about to make the exact same post (although I didn't know Cub Surope had said it... it seemed obvious from months back!).

God damn ninty... oh, and I don't think they'd not make them JUST because shigsy said he didn't want his games on them?
"Uzi Lover"
b-u-m-m-e-r

I would of liked demo disk's on the front of magazine covers but it doesn't look like that will be happening now.

This won't please many people, but it's not all bad news. Shigsy has got a point you know.
Sun 09/06/02 at 17:00
i dont like demo discs, spoils the fun. Like the first 20 or so minutes of FFX were so boring after playing the demo
Sun 09/06/02 at 17:02
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yeah but they provide a decent view into what games are gonna be like, wouldn't you rather spoil the first 20 mins of a games than waste 40 quid?

Ah well, it's a little annoying but the ShigMeister knows best I suppose.
Sun 09/06/02 at 17:05
i like wasting money! no i see what you mean but if you ask me its no big loss
Sun 09/06/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I think Shig was wrong on this. I wouldn't blame Nintendo if they didn't want to release demos of their games for the reasons mentioned by Shigsy, but I feel that if they want, other developers should be allowed to release demos if they feel like it!

I guess the problem is, that Nintendo would have to produce another zillion Gamecube disks, for the new demand by the magazines. Where other platforms, use either CD's or DVD's, anyone can create the disks needed. But as Nintendo use their own special disks, it puts them in a bit of a bad situation for letting people create demo disks.

:)
Sun 09/06/02 at 17:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
This doesn't stop third party publishers creating demos. I know that we won't get any demos from nintendo, because they have this whole "nintendo difference" thing that makes them think they are too good to give us games.

The problem is that giving people the wrong impressions is a really stupid reason. You can still give away demos from games that are on sale, how would this give a "false impression" if the game is finished?

Demos would stop people thinking that they won't get a game because it is too "kiddy", because they will play the game and realise how good it is.

enough
Sun 09/06/02 at 17:12
dont panasonic make the discs, not nintendo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.