GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Consoles come, Consoles go..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/11/00 at 13:22
Regular
Have you stopped to think about how quickly gaming technology becomes obsolete? New consoles seem to be appearing at an alarming rate, much quicker than before, and this means shelling out more money to buy another one.

Sure, we may still play on our old consoles and keep them for the sake of a few games, but most of the time a new console means that the older ones will either be sold or will sit there gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere. Why (oh why oh why) do we need all this new technology so quickly, surely it would be better for the companies to wait until they had amassed a serious amount of new ideas until they were ready to release them in one big package. Is the PS2 really that much of a step up that we hoped it would be? Perhaps Nintendo are right to wait a while for their new console's release, but perhaps it should have been longer. I'm certain that most people can wait for a new console a few more years. Until Mario is sitting there in my living room in full 3D with Bowser running through my front door I will not be impressed!
Tue 25/03/08 at 16:00
Regular
Please let us know what you think of the new website:

Taxing-Times

Do you find it helpful? Do you have any suggestions? Have you found any errors? Post your comments here.
Wed 01/11/00 at 15:52
"possibly impossible"
My emphasis was on the fact that the new technology comes out too fast. As far as old consoles go, I still love playing them and don't really see them as rubbish just because the graphics and sound are any worse. Some of the games that came out on these consoles are classics and are still entertaining today.
Wed 01/11/00 at 14:23
Regular
That's what i said, consoles, never live on after another comes out, you forget about it than you laugh at how rubbish it is.
Wed 01/11/00 at 13:22
"possibly impossible"
Have you stopped to think about how quickly gaming technology becomes obsolete? New consoles seem to be appearing at an alarming rate, much quicker than before, and this means shelling out more money to buy another one.

Sure, we may still play on our old consoles and keep them for the sake of a few games, but most of the time a new console means that the older ones will either be sold or will sit there gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere. Why (oh why oh why) do we need all this new technology so quickly, surely it would be better for the companies to wait until they had amassed a serious amount of new ideas until they were ready to release them in one big package. Is the PS2 really that much of a step up that we hoped it would be? Perhaps Nintendo are right to wait a while for their new console's release, but perhaps it should have been longer. I'm certain that most people can wait for a new console a few more years. Until Mario is sitting there in my living room in full 3D with Bowser running through my front door I will not be impressed!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.