GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Second domain and web freedom account"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/08 at 12:38
Regular
After purchasing a second domain from getdotted I have come to realise that my web freedom account does not apply to every getdotted domain I own.

Is there a way to merge my domains into one web freedom account or do I have to purchase a web freedom account for every domain I set up?

If the latter is the case, I find this very disturbing and will probably look elsewhere for my domains and hosting in the future.

Gav
Tue 25/03/08 at 12:38
Regular
After purchasing a second domain from getdotted I have come to realise that my web freedom account does not apply to every getdotted domain I own.

Is there a way to merge my domains into one web freedom account or do I have to purchase a web freedom account for every domain I set up?

If the latter is the case, I find this very disturbing and will probably look elsewhere for my domains and hosting in the future.

Gav
Tue 25/03/08 at 14:48
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Web Freedom is a 'per webspace' service. You will have read:
'This service is provided on a per 'webspace' basis. This means that you can upload for all your domains that share the same webspace folder.' when you signed up for Web Freedom.

You can point your domains at the web space folder that has Web Freedom using your MyFreeola access. This will allow you to use the Freedom service for those domains but they will share the same webspace folder.
Tue 25/03/08 at 19:03
Regular
How do I go about doing this?
Tue 25/03/08 at 19:48
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Login to your MyFreeola account and got to View/Edit Domain Details > click the Hosting & Settings button for the domain you wish to point to the existing webspace > click Change Hosting Type > select I want to point to one of my existing sites and then follow the instructions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.