GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 ? I'll wait thanks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/10/00 at 23:27
Regular
Now don't get me wrong, the playstation 2 is looking to be a very impressive console. But i was sitting at my friends house and he has had his letter through saying he will be getting his console on launch day. I'm looking through a PS2 mag he bought and as i'm looking my friend was like "hope i do get my PS2 on the release day ! God i'll be so ****** of if i don't get it". AS he says that i look at the release dates for the games coming out over the next few months and to be honest, if i were in his shoes and i didn't get my console, i really wouldn't be all that worried ! There really isn't anything coming out thats worth wetting my pants in worry over getting PS2 till at least summer next year ! Most games are ones that have been out on PC or are gonna be out on Dreamcast. Obviously there is the odd exception such as Tekken Tag but i can wait for that. I saw Age Of Empires 2 in the release dates apparently set for something like summer or autumn next year ! Oh big wow ! Been playing that game for about a year now on PC ! Metal Gear Solid 2 seems to be a long way away yet too and thats the main game i'm waiting for on the system. So while people are fighting for queue spaces and pushing over small children and taking their launch day PS2 letters, i'll be quite happily looking forward to making a purchase on a brand new Maxx pc :-) I could have bought it now if i wasn't staying with my gf over Christmas, but its something to look forward to in January thats for sure :-) Maybe by the time i get my PS2 the price will have come down a little ;-p
Thu 02/11/00 at 23:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think only the first class seats or something only get playstations to play with :-( If your in economy then expect a little tv screen ;-)) Another plus - you get a little goodie bag containing your ear phones (for the little screen and radio), a little pad to, er, doodle on ;-)) You even get a pair of socks if i remember right ;-)) Hey, its more than i'll probably ever win on here hahaha. So while you all win your game-a-day, i'll be laughing at you all with my free Virgin goodie bag. Jealous ? Ok maybe not ;-) Never know - maybe Virgin will upgrade the goodie bag with a free game !.............or not.
With the price they mugged me with for my flight the least they could do is throw in a free game ! I 've payed over double than last time cause i've had the nerve to go out there in December ! Bout as fair as stringing me up by my knackers and kicking me in the face ! Mind you, can't moan too much i suppose - British Airways wanted £1032 !!!!!!! And that was without insurance ! So there you have it people, if your gonna goto happy yank land to save money on games, don't go out at christmas ! ;-)
As for the perfect human specimens - i dunno about them residing in Miami. It seems to have the label "Beautiful people only" but from what my gf says its overflowing with Cuban asylum seekers ;-))
Thu 02/11/00 at 18:22
Regular
My friend who flew first class with Virgin had a Playstation to play with.

No, the PS2 won't fail. But in another view, perhaps the games will fail. Just a thought.
Thu 02/11/00 at 15:31
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Thanks Savatt :) It's gonna seem weird y'know? TV would have us believe that the Americans are the perfect human
specimens. Maybe those people only hang out down Miami beach. Hmmm, wonder if we'll find a similar specimen
over at Dorset?

Yeah, we're flying Virgin Atlantic too. I've been led to believe that there are PSX's in the headrests or
something. Should be cool!

I'm deffo looking at getting a PS2 whilst I'm out there though. I'm sure they'll be a couple of games
I'll want for it by then. I'm not gonna get shafted by a 60Hz-less UK PAL machine. I can't believe some people *think* that the PS2 will fail. How can it? The predecessor brought gaming to the masses and made
it cool in their eyes. It'll be the masses that puts Sony amongst the top of the pile again, regardless of the slew of sequels or not.

At this moment in time, the PS2 isn't for me, I'm more than happy with my Dreamcast. Titles such as; Guilty Gear X, Last Blade 2, Daytona 2001, Samba De Amigo 2000 and Cannon Spike are on the horizon and I cannot afford to miss em'.

Bleeders / who is extremely tired
Thu 02/11/00 at 14:01
I feel sorry to say it, But playstation 2 will be a big flop, as we have already seen with munch's oddessy games makers are moving to easier to develop for consoles such as X box, and once one moves the others will follow.

Alas yet the Ps2 R.I.P

and such the Dreamcast and X-Box inherit the gaming world as the pirates love the Dreamcast and everyone else goes for the X-BOX due to mass marketing.

Sad to say we won't see anything new and decent for at lease a year
Thu 02/11/00 at 11:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ant wrote:
> You could say that, but there are 31 launch titles to interest
> you. I'm hoping to get mine before Xmas, and I'm planning to get
> Timesplitters and TTT with it. Those 2 games are a great start.
> There's also FIFA 2001, which I have to admit looks brilliant, I'm
> not sure but I think RR5 is coming out very soon, although GT3
> (2000, WHATEVER) will be better, and there's also SSX
> Snowboarding. There are a few games to interest you, but it really
> is next year that will be the game buying "time", with
> GT 2000, MGS2 (I CANNOT WAIT FOR MGS2!!!) and many more. I
> recommend your friend definitly gets Timesplitters, TTT and SSX
> Snowboarding.
> Thanks for reading, Ant.

My friend is already looking through those titles to get ;-) He wants that new Wipeout game too. No doubt i'll buy one next year at some point, i'm just not in any rush to get one right now. TTT will probably be one of the first games i pick up and as for MGS2 - i'll be on the doorstep at opening time to pick that one up ;-)
Thu 02/11/00 at 11:23
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
One thing you'll notice about the U.S straight away is that it seems the same, but it feels different to home lol You've got plenty of shops there that we have - walk into a mall and its like walking into a shopping centre over here. I guess its down to being bigger ;-))
When i went to Florida for the first time i was expecting to see perfect people lol You know, the kind on TV where all girls have perfect bodies and tans and the blokes look as though they could all appear on Mr Universe. To my surprise the people there didn't look much different in the tans of their skin, etc to us ! Not saying their aliens or anything ;-)) But you get the drift.
As for the flight, the bum ache will soon overcome any fear of flying ;-)) I tend to go on Virgin flights which are good - you get a little screen on the back of the seats so you can watch films and things like Friends. Most of the time i try my best to goto sleep for a while. Believe me though, after 9 hours flying i expected to stand up and find that i'd laid a few eggs !
If you find a place called "Just For Feet" its worth going in there :-) They have trainers and sports wear for really cheap prices ! Anyway, have fun ;-)
Wed 01/11/00 at 19:20
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Hehe..:) Will do :) I'm looking forward to going, I've never been before. Thing is, I hate flying :o(

Believe it or not, out of the 31 launch titles on offer, there's nothing there that tickles my fancy. Well, nothing that can't wait a few months anyway :)

Bleeders
Wed 01/11/00 at 18:22
Regular
Watch out for the americans with baseball bats when you get there!
Wed 01/11/00 at 18:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
You could say that, but there are 31 launch titles to interest you. I'm hoping to get mine before Xmas, and I'm planning to get Timesplitters and TTT with it. Those 2 games are a great start. There's also FIFA 2001, which I have to admit looks brilliant, I'm not sure but I think RR5 is coming out very soon, although GT3 (2000, WHATEVER) will be better, and there's also SSX Snowboarding. There are a few games to interest you, but it really is next year that will be the game buying "time", with GT 2000, MGS2 (I CANNOT WAIT FOR MGS2!!!) and many more. I recommend your friend definitly gets Timesplitters, TTT and SSX Snowboarding.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Wed 01/11/00 at 16:42
Regular
Your very unlikely to get one, read the topic 'look what sony's done.....' and you'll see why!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.