GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jims nails"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/06/02 at 21:23
Regular
There was this man called Jim who owned a small company which manufactured nails. One day he was out for a drink in a pub when he saw Bob - a guy he used to go to school with. They get talking and Bob asks Jim what he is doing these days. "I own my own nail manufacturing company called Jim's Nails" he says, "It's only a small company but it keeps me and my wife happy. What are you doing?"

"Oh, I am quite high up in an advertising company. We make adverts for TV"
Bob says, "I tell you what, since we were friends at school I'll make you an advert for free" Jim protests and says he couldn't possibly ask him to do that but eventually agrees to it.

A few days later Bob phones him up to say that his advert will be on in between Coronation Street. Jim gets a few beers in and sits down and waits for his advert. The advert is simply a picture of Jesus nailed to a cross with the caption 'USE JIM'S NAILS' written in large letters underneath.
Being a good catholic, Jim is outraged. He phones Bob up and asks him what the hell he thinks he is doing. Bob apologises profusely and after much persuasion Jim agrees to let Bob do another advert for him to make it up to him. Another few days later Jim receives a phone call telling him that the new advert will be on in between The Bill. Again, Jim sits down with a few beers and a couple of friends and waits.

The new adverts comes on... Jesus is running through the desert with sweat pouring off his brow - he is obviously running for his life. The camera pans out to reveal two Roman Guards about 100 yards behind Jesus chasing after him. The camera zooms in on the guards just as one says to the other, "I told you we should have used Jim's Nails"
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 05/06/02 at 21:23
There was this man called Jim who owned a small company which manufactured nails. One day he was out for a drink in a pub when he saw Bob - a guy he used to go to school with. They get talking and Bob asks Jim what he is doing these days. "I own my own nail manufacturing company called Jim's Nails" he says, "It's only a small company but it keeps me and my wife happy. What are you doing?"

"Oh, I am quite high up in an advertising company. We make adverts for TV"
Bob says, "I tell you what, since we were friends at school I'll make you an advert for free" Jim protests and says he couldn't possibly ask him to do that but eventually agrees to it.

A few days later Bob phones him up to say that his advert will be on in between Coronation Street. Jim gets a few beers in and sits down and waits for his advert. The advert is simply a picture of Jesus nailed to a cross with the caption 'USE JIM'S NAILS' written in large letters underneath.
Being a good catholic, Jim is outraged. He phones Bob up and asks him what the hell he thinks he is doing. Bob apologises profusely and after much persuasion Jim agrees to let Bob do another advert for him to make it up to him. Another few days later Jim receives a phone call telling him that the new advert will be on in between The Bill. Again, Jim sits down with a few beers and a couple of friends and waits.

The new adverts comes on... Jesus is running through the desert with sweat pouring off his brow - he is obviously running for his life. The camera pans out to reveal two Roman Guards about 100 yards behind Jesus chasing after him. The camera zooms in on the guards just as one says to the other, "I told you we should have used Jim's Nails"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.