GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TV"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/10/00 at 12:02
Regular
Wouldn't it be great if there was a TV program where we were able to tune in and get decent reviews of a game, interviews with the developers with proper gaming questions. News on release dates of games and upcoming games, and rumours, a show where we aren't patronised all the time, I know it is hard to imagine, but why? Surely it would not be difficult to have a decent TV Program that dealt with things we actually care about, games! It would be refreshing after all the rubbish computer programs, GamesMaster etc where we watch Andy Crane or Dominic Diamond make a hash of our beloved industry. The Computer industry is so big it deserves a proper decent program. I don't know if this has been brought up before in a discussion but what do people think. What features would be essential, I think, reviews, cheats, news, and interviews with gaming people.

Why is there nothing good on TV anymore? Was there ever a good computer program?
Tue 31/10/00 at 12:52
"possibly impossible"
An article in the last issue of Official Dreamcast magazine had an interview with games designers and tv games people to find out what problems arose from creating a good games programme.
It seems that there are quite a few problems to get around, including what executives want to see and the amount of violence in games. At the end of the day they were left with about 5 seconds of clip from each game that they could show at a reasonable hour!
Tue 31/10/00 at 12:07
Regular
"not dead"
On the subject of TV's my 28inch widescrren TV arrived yesterday. I'm gonna borrow my brothers N64 in time my copy of Majora's Mask to arrive, and I'll be well happy.

And yes a good games show would probably be appreciated by many people, but I'd rather be playing them, than watching a program about them!
Tue 31/10/00 at 12:02
Wouldn't it be great if there was a TV program where we were able to tune in and get decent reviews of a game, interviews with the developers with proper gaming questions. News on release dates of games and upcoming games, and rumours, a show where we aren't patronised all the time, I know it is hard to imagine, but why? Surely it would not be difficult to have a decent TV Program that dealt with things we actually care about, games! It would be refreshing after all the rubbish computer programs, GamesMaster etc where we watch Andy Crane or Dominic Diamond make a hash of our beloved industry. The Computer industry is so big it deserves a proper decent program. I don't know if this has been brought up before in a discussion but what do people think. What features would be essential, I think, reviews, cheats, news, and interviews with gaming people.

Why is there nothing good on TV anymore? Was there ever a good computer program?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.