GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If You Dont Like PS2 Then Why Come To A PS2 Forum"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/10/00 at 04:34
Regular
in case you couldnt read the link when you clicked to come to this area it is a plastation 2 forum area. are you afraid something might happen in here that may be so amaizing you will have get one after all and throw you old nintendo or DC in the heap. well dont be afraid there will always be something better or greater comming along. i dont own a nintendo or DC but if thats what you like then thats up to you mabee the Xbox will whip the but off everything else maybee it will fall down dead mabee someone else in the computer business will come along and sink them all imagine if someone like Intel or AMD made a games machine what could they come up with? before the playstation came out no one would have draemed that Sony of all people would make such a machine asvthey only made tv's etc. but for the time being the PS2 is the most powerfull machine on the market and that cant be disputed!!!!
Thu 02/11/00 at 17:02
A thought..............

If gamers from other forums who come into this one to argue their points didn't come here, i think it would be a bit boring. As long as they have a valid point to get accross, what's the harm in a bit of verbal fisticuffs.
Wed 01/11/00 at 00:02
Goodo - cheers.

Isn't civilised conversation great? :-)
Tue 31/10/00 at 21:18
Regular
Don't worry Babylonian, I didn't want to imply that you were just saying that, just making a point, really.
Tue 31/10/00 at 19:57
> As you said, and I will point out, it is a STEREOTYPICAL image.
> There are just as many, maybe even MORE, childish PS owners, that
> often go on the Nintendo and Dreamcast boards and post things
> simular to in here.
>
> Don't worry, I'm not angry, just pointing out that there are
> childish individuals on your "side" too.
>
> Need I remind you of Vai?

No, no reminder needed. I readily accept that PlayStation owners are not exempt from such childish actions.

I wasn't trying to imply that "mine's better than yours" is only a Sega/Nintendo 'disease'; I was just saying that - as I've mentioned several times elsewhere - it's an almost historical sterotype that "consoles are for kids", due mostly to the nature of the majority of games on the previous Sega and Nintendo machines.

As you'll probably recall, Grix, I've already admitted that I once believed that myself, and I've raved on several times about how PS1 took huge strides towards breaking this mold; so, if anything, such immature rantings from PlayStation owners infuriate me even more than those from Sega & Nintendo fans!
Tue 31/10/00 at 19:31
Anyone can say what they want about the PS2, i have played it (my brothers mate has bought a japanese console) and it is awesome. As far as i am concerned, the other systems could come with a built-in sky system and wide screen tv and i wouldn't change my mind.
Tue 31/10/00 at 18:33
Regular
As you said, and I will point out, it is a STEREOTYPICAL image. There are just as many, maybe even MORE, childish PS owners, that often go on the Nintendo and Dreamcast boards and post things simular to in here.

Don't worry, I'm not angry, just pointing out that there are childish individuals on your "side" too.

Need I remind you of Vai?
Tue 31/10/00 at 13:21
"possibly impossible"
It does happen on the other forums as well you know, obviously the other way around though!

If someone has owned or had extensive play on the opposition then they have a valid opinion of what they think of the PS2. However, as you have said, this is only an opinion and everyone is free to think what they want about Sony's new machine. I'll certainly try the UK version to see the differences between this and the Jap one, and I may buy a PS2 later on when the fuss over buying the things calms down a bit, and when there are enough left on the shelf after all the pre-orders, of course!
Tue 31/10/00 at 13:05
> "They" come to this forum because they have an opinion
> and wish to discuss it with you, in an unbiased and sensible
> manner.....

And they would be welcome - it just seems that relatively few of them are incapable of having a discussion in 'an unbiased and sensible manner'!

> Rather than saying "I don't want a playstation2, few of the
> games released at launch appeal to me, and I prefer the games
> available on Sega/ Nintendo" which would be a valid point.

Entirely valid, and something which I've said time and time again on these forums. Discussion of Sony's/PS2's faults is welcome, mindless slanging matches aren't.

> Maybe it's an insecurity/ immaturity thing.

Quite probably, but if they are insecure, they can't have much faith in their chosen platform.
Tue 31/10/00 at 13:00
Regular
"not dead"
"They" come to this forum because they have an opinion and wish to discuss it with you, in an unbiased and sensible manner.....

I think it's something to do with the Playstation 2 being rubbish just because it is okay?

Rather than saying "I don't want a playstation2, few of the games released at launch appeal to me, and I prefer the games available on Sega/ Nintendo" which would be a valid point.

Maybe it's an insecurity/ immaturity thing.
Tue 31/10/00 at 11:55
Technically you're right - the PS2 is *currently* the most powerful machine, but don't claim that it can't be disputed - I'm sure someone will have a go, even if it means posting more b******t than usual.

I completely agree with your point about the choice of forum though. While I believe that the other formats are perfectly reasonable machines, I have no interest in them, and therefore haven't bothered even visiting the Nintendo/Sega forums, let alone posting there.

For some reason, though, they feel the need to come here. Which I generally have no objection to, until they start posting some of the cr@p that they do.

Everyone has an opinion, but to simply go to a PS2 forum to post messages like "PS2 is cr@p! Sega rules!" shows a distinct lack of maturity, imagination and intelligence.

Also, apart from p!ssing a few of us off, it serves no purpose but to re-inforce the stereotyical image that Sega and Nintendo owners mostly kids who know no better.

I think that generally, anyone who's posted genuine concerns and thoughts about PS2 for serious discussion would agree that they've received civil, intelligent replies, and that we're not all biased Sony groupies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.