GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I'm thinking of . ."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/03/08 at 12:30
Regular
"Laughingstock"
. . buying an Xbox 360 - mainly to play Oblivion. Is there anything I need to know? Should I go for the Elite? I haven't got a high-definition TV - do I need to buy any extra leads? I havent taken any interest in the next-gen consoles, but Oblivion Game of the Year edition has finally sucked me in.
Tue 18/03/08 at 17:15
"possibly impossible"
Marink wrote:
> The Elites are less likely to get the RROD. 'Nuff said.

I don't think that's true any longer, the newer Core and the Arcade models should be just as reliable (or just as unreliable, depending on how you see it).

My friend's second 360 has just gone RROD, so he's not best pleased. My one from 2 years ago is still fine though (at the moment).
Tue 18/03/08 at 17:12
"possibly impossible"
I'm going to suggest buying a PS3 to play Oblivion.

Then duck.

If you're going to for a 360 though, shopto.net has some of the best prices at the moment, and go for the middle option.

And get the GOTY edition of Oblivion to save having to download all the content seperately (on either console).
Mon 17/03/08 at 19:16
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Marink wrote:
> The Elites are less likely to get the RROD. 'Nuff said.

Mine had a "red-segment-of-death". When I find the picture I'll host it.

However, I worked in Game and mine is the only one I've eer seen go wrong...typical.

EDIT: The Arcade is the cheapest and you get a 128MB memory card with it - hardly enough space and won't allow you to go on Xbox Live.
Mon 17/03/08 at 19:11
Regular
"What's basketball?"
The Elites are less likely to get the RROD. 'Nuff said.
Sun 16/03/08 at 14:07
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It depends on what you are planning for the future. If you are planning to go HD, get an elite. If you are planning to use it a lot and you feel the 20GB Hard Drive isn't enough, get an elite. If you don't plan on using it much, the 'premium' 360 would be enough.

I would say that you shouldn't buy the really cheap Core or Arcade version (I don't know what names they are going under now) as they don't come with a hard drive, which will cause problems.
Sun 16/03/08 at 13:20
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Will you be taking it online and buying downloadable content (such as Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansions, music vids, demos, arcade games - really god ones out there)

If you are, go for an elite, but if not a standard one is good enough. Also, my friends at Game told me on Friday the 360 has had another price drop, so now is the best time to buy.

But, really good console - love mine to bits!
Sun 16/03/08 at 12:30
Regular
"Laughingstock"
. . buying an Xbox 360 - mainly to play Oblivion. Is there anything I need to know? Should I go for the Elite? I haven't got a high-definition TV - do I need to buy any extra leads? I havent taken any interest in the next-gen consoles, but Oblivion Game of the Year edition has finally sucked me in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.