GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blast from the past seemingly makes a return"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/10/00 at 00:58
Regular
Does anyone remember a game on the SNES called "Metal Marines" ? If so try playing Metal Fatigue on the PC :-) Although much more advanced, it has a very Metal Marine feel to it. Its probably because you build mechs in it with different weapons on the arms ;-))
I used to love playing Metal Marines, I think i can say its the game that got me into the strategy genre. Me and my cousins would sit for ages playing it :-) It had Anime style graphics and as far as unit choice went, it was very limited. But i wish i could find it on my PC again. I bought it for like £5 before and someone borrowed it and i never got it back :-( Even though you didn't need the CD once it was installed my comp got into a bad state and i ended up having to wipe the contents. But playing Metal Fatigue brang back the fun feeling of when i was playing the Metal Marines game :-) I won't describe too much about whats in it as most of you probably already know from magazines, and reviews on sites. I've played a couple of demo levels of it and it really is good :-)
Its great the way you can capture and research enemy mech parts to create new mechs yourself :-) I can't remember the company responsible for creating Metal Marines but there is a familier feel to them - maybe the idea for Metal Fatigue came from that particular game ;-) Anyway, if your looking for a new strategy game to keep you busy this one could be well worth a look - especially with 3 levels consisting of ground, underground and sky to build on at once ! Would be interesting if other strategy games adopted this idea :-) Especially if you actually change from sky to space with you controlling a fleet of ships as well as your ground base :-)
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 30/10/00 at 00:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Does anyone remember a game on the SNES called "Metal Marines" ? If so try playing Metal Fatigue on the PC :-) Although much more advanced, it has a very Metal Marine feel to it. Its probably because you build mechs in it with different weapons on the arms ;-))
I used to love playing Metal Marines, I think i can say its the game that got me into the strategy genre. Me and my cousins would sit for ages playing it :-) It had Anime style graphics and as far as unit choice went, it was very limited. But i wish i could find it on my PC again. I bought it for like £5 before and someone borrowed it and i never got it back :-( Even though you didn't need the CD once it was installed my comp got into a bad state and i ended up having to wipe the contents. But playing Metal Fatigue brang back the fun feeling of when i was playing the Metal Marines game :-) I won't describe too much about whats in it as most of you probably already know from magazines, and reviews on sites. I've played a couple of demo levels of it and it really is good :-)
Its great the way you can capture and research enemy mech parts to create new mechs yourself :-) I can't remember the company responsible for creating Metal Marines but there is a familier feel to them - maybe the idea for Metal Fatigue came from that particular game ;-) Anyway, if your looking for a new strategy game to keep you busy this one could be well worth a look - especially with 3 levels consisting of ground, underground and sky to build on at once ! Would be interesting if other strategy games adopted this idea :-) Especially if you actually change from sky to space with you controlling a fleet of ships as well as your ground base :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.