GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming looks bleak to me what about you?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/10/00 at 22:30
Regular
I see it now, 10 years down the lane we will all be playing tekken 17, ff 25 1nd gt 10. Apart from sequals what has gaming got in store for us. Do not get me wrong i love tekken and final fantasy but i want some originality. The great innovative ideas are being sacraficed for game that can make money quickly and make game designers rich. I want a game that has an original plot,a game that excites critics ang gamers alike. I want a new genre to emerge and take over the games market and blow us all away. My friends i have a dream, that through the cr*p and boring, a new game emerges that has us glued in front of ous screens, that has our fingers numb and our minds exhausted. My friends i want a revolution not a slightly evolved version of a game that has already been a success. Please anyone with wicked ideas send them to a games company as we can only try.

Goodnight and i love you all. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sun 29/10/00 at 22:30
I see it now, 10 years down the lane we will all be playing tekken 17, ff 25 1nd gt 10. Apart from sequals what has gaming got in store for us. Do not get me wrong i love tekken and final fantasy but i want some originality. The great innovative ideas are being sacraficed for game that can make money quickly and make game designers rich. I want a game that has an original plot,a game that excites critics ang gamers alike. I want a new genre to emerge and take over the games market and blow us all away. My friends i have a dream, that through the cr*p and boring, a new game emerges that has us glued in front of ous screens, that has our fingers numb and our minds exhausted. My friends i want a revolution not a slightly evolved version of a game that has already been a success. Please anyone with wicked ideas send them to a games company as we can only try.

Goodnight and i love you all. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sun 29/10/00 at 23:22
Regular
A several great games like that will emerge.
And there's a good chance that I'll be part of making them (I've got lots of great ideas but I can't say incase someone steals them).

All of the sudden the future looks bright again!
Mon 30/10/00 at 18:26
Regular
Have you got Deus Ex Dan_UK? I have, great game, but also, you can get the level editor/maker. It is REALLY good, and the levels you can make are unbelievable.

This is my start for level making...
Mon 30/10/00 at 18:59
Regular
daily Radar reports rumours on a Deus Ex Multiplayer patch! If it's true i can play someone on the net!
Mon 30/10/00 at 19:05
Regular
The editor lets you make multiplayer levels too.
Hurrah!
Mon 30/10/00 at 19:15
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I'd have to agree to some extent - the NEAR future of gaming does look bleak. I'm a former PlayStation owner, then I had an N64, which I sold shortly after buying another PS at a temporary budget price (less a further discount 'cos my cousin was the deputy manager of the store). Having got rid of all of them I've been on a Dreamcast since Easter which, I'm sad to say, I'm now thinking of selling.

The reason is not because I'm after a PS2 (believe me I'm not). I just can't see me buying any more games for it and I almost never play the ones I have. Metropolis Street Racer will probably be great but I'm not a driving game fan - I'm sure I'll rent it at some point though (or maybe claim it if I get lucky). What else is there? Jet Grind/Set Radio, or whatever it's called, doesn't seem very appealing to me and as for Shenmue I can't see me keeping my DC long enough to get the follow up chapters so what's the point in starting? Sonic 2. . . .maybe.

So that's the Dreamcast summed up, in my opinion. The PS2 is something everyone has an opinion on. It's a machine most want to hate but most feel they should like it, because of the amount of credibility it's predecessor has given video games in general. Lets face it though, it's just been one mess up after another. Developers started rejecting the Dreamcast in favour of it and now some of them are rejecting the PS2 (slightly) in favour of the XBox. Do they know something we don't? No. They're just more willing to say it than Joe Public and his big wad of cash for the Sony marketing men. The PS2 will do well for a year or two (until the competition comes along and gets going) and then we'll see how it stands up.

So the Dreamcast is dying (sadly) and the PS2 should be dragged out into the street and shot in the middle of a big parade to draw as much attention to the execution as possible. The only two contenders for the long term next generation are Microsoft and Nintendo. Out of the two (and this pains me more than anything to say) I think we all know Bill's got a lot of good cards in his hand. To ensure healthy competition in the future we really need Nintendo to pull out one of it's Aces - more than just another great Mario/Zelda/whatever game. Then we'll have two machines, each of different capabilities, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Each will grab advantages at different times in different areas and all the fans can argue pettily about which is best. Sound familiar? Fingers crossed and we might have a SNES/Megadrive style battle on our hands again. It's just a shame it's not going to be between the same people...
Mon 30/10/00 at 19:24
The Dreamcast may be dying in your house, but it's thriving in the rest of the world outside! The amount of good quality games coming out between now and christmas is one of the best line ups I've ever seen on a console.
It seems to me that you are unhappy with games in general, most people seem to love the games you mention, so you must be stuck in a gaming rut at the moment! Get out and get some fresh air for a while, then come back and play the miracle that is gaming!
Tue 31/10/00 at 18:41
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
It looks like I'm going to be keeping my Dreamcast for a while longer now as my previous angst-ridden message has gone and won me a free game. I'd get a PC game but there's hardly any I want and even fewer that my PC will run (I don't even have a 3D graphics card of any description).

I don't think I'd really have sold my DC in the end. After thinking about it I sold my N64 early this year and now I'm starting to regret it (Zelda: MM, Banjo-Tooie, Perfect Dark, that Conker one etc...). I think it would be best to keep it until there is no doubt it is dying rather than abandon it this early and help to kill it off.

Even so the game I claim has some work to do to reaffirm my confidence. What does anyone think? MSR, Shenmue or something else?
Tue 31/10/00 at 19:18
Regular
Won't anyone top abandoning the N64! You keep on saying 'It's dead!' but it isn't! I see games buying a bit stupid, if you think about it, one game get's thrown in the cupboard and never comes out, the next game you get, you play for months until the process continues, the same goes for the consoles!
Tue 31/10/00 at 20:38
Regular
Grix Thraves asked:
Have you got Deus Ex Dan_UK? I have, great game, but also, you can get the level editor/maker. It is REALLY good, and the levels you can make are unbelievable.

Dan_uk answers:
I've heard that it's a great game but my old P120 with no 3D card and only 16mb of ram isn't quite up to the job.
Ali, is there a competition where I can win one of Special Reserves lovely MAXX PC's?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.