GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some rather interesting, but somewhat expected, news."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/10/00 at 16:46
Regular
"Chris Gilbert, executive VP of sales at Sega of America, has gone on the record and said that Sega is in the 'preliminary stages' of designing its next console."

It was going to happen. I'm glad it actually has, mind.

There were "rumours" of the Dreamcast being the last console, thankfully it isn't.

Expect a decent DVD games machine, with backwards compatibilty.

Worth waiting for.
Wed 01/11/00 at 19:57
Regular
Strange even when they are losing so much money.
Wed 01/11/00 at 19:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That's good news for us but what about SEGA they have not made a large profit on the DC this could make them bankrupt.
Sun 29/10/00 at 21:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
Maybe they'll make the opposite of the Dreamcast, a c**p machine and call it the Nightmarecast, HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry for that, it's just the stress of being the no.1 game reviewer, tester and everything do to do with games guy in the Ant colony. My boss was killed for telling Queen Antonia that he couldn't get a PS2 on launch day due to shortages. {:)
Sun 29/10/00 at 20:24
Sega may have the people, but after the financial battering that they have suffered with both the DC and Saturn, can they afford to make another bite and the computer games cherry, and with X-Box and NGC? I think its a bad idea, it could put the company bankrupt.
Sun 29/10/00 at 20:10
"possibly impossible"
I believe that Sega will come up with a fantastic new console in a lot less than 7 years. They have the power behind them to create something twice as powerful as machines that haven't come out yet, but it will obviously take time.
If Sega have learnt anything from the other companies then they will release it just after the last 'next generation' console has come out and declare it the 'next next generation' console. After all, that's what Sony are doing, even though the PS2 is not too much more powerful than the Dreamcast (relatively speaking) they still try to make everyone believe that the PS2 is the next logical step forward. Now it's a good console, don't get me wrong, but will it really outclass the Dreamcast by enough of a margin to be THAT much better?
In the meantime we have lots of nice Dreamcast games to play and the titles seem to be getting better and better. I would imagine we might see some of the third party support trickle back towards Sega by the middle of next year.
Sun 29/10/00 at 19:16
That means it'll be out in 7 years.
Sun 29/10/00 at 16:46
Regular
"Chris Gilbert, executive VP of sales at Sega of America, has gone on the record and said that Sega is in the 'preliminary stages' of designing its next console."

It was going to happen. I'm glad it actually has, mind.

There were "rumours" of the Dreamcast being the last console, thankfully it isn't.

Expect a decent DVD games machine, with backwards compatibilty.

Worth waiting for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.